Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
130 Posts
My sister had the same complaints going from her Wrangler to her Sienna. The former had halogen headlights, the latter having projector headlights. She says they aren't aimed high enough and they don't give her light for road signs, etc.

They have a much more effective light output than standard halogen assemblies and therefore have to be regulated so they don't blind oncoming traffic.
Your projector cutoff should always be just lower than the height of the projector itself, from the ground, measured at 25ft distance on a level surface. Edit: for cars at least

·
Registered
10 Posts
I Have the same thing with mine assuming it’s how it was designed (K5 premium pkg) as well !
I noticed it the first night I drove it. It is a bit distracting so I went to the dealership and they adjusted them now instead of one to the left driver's side out in the distance now there are two. Not happy with this at all. And will be going back to the dealer and will be calling kia directly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I noticed it the first night I drove it. It is a bit distracting so I went to the dealership and they adjusted them now instead of one to the left driver's side out in the distance now there are two. Not happy with this at all. And will be going back to the dealer and will be calling kia directly.
Since they are designed this way, if you change the height of the lights, you also change point at which the lights intersect. The dealership should know that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone else noticed a v-shaped black/blind spot notch in the headlight pattern at night? I have GT-Line with the premium package so it has the three headlights per side. It’s very distracting and a little dangerous. It is on my drivers side. See attached picture. No issues with the high beam on.
I have the same issue and hopefully the dealership can figure it out..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone else noticed a v-shaped black/blind spot notch in the headlight pattern at night? I have GT-Line with the premium package so it has the three headlights per side. It’s very distracting and a little dangerous. It is on my drivers side. See attached picture. No issues with the high beam on.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Water Road surface Asphalt Body of water Building

Automotive lighting Car Automotive mirror Automotive design Lighting

Automotive lighting Road surface Building Asphalt Electricity

Automotive parking light Window Automotive lighting Building Road surface

Sky Automotive lighting Car Street light Road surface

Will you please let me know what your outcome is? I have contacted KIA and they are looking into this. My dealership doesn't seem to have a clue as to what to do.. [email protected]

·
Registered
130 Posts
View attachment 2338
View attachment 2337
View attachment 2340
View attachment 2336
View attachment 2339
View attachment 2341

Will you please let me know what your outcome is? I have contacted KIA and they are looking into this. My dealership doesn't seem to have a clue as to what to do.. [email protected]
Those look like perfectly functioning factory headlights. That is what mine look like, and they all should look like that. They are designed this way, so I don't see what contacting Kia, would do at this point?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those look like perfectly functioning factory headlights. That is what mine look like, and they all should look like that. They are designed this way, so I don't see what contacting Kia, would do at this point?
If the missing D of the light was centered on the vehicle and not off to the left of the driver I would agree but I have contacted Kia and they are definitely looking into this

·
Registered
130 Posts
If the missing D of the light was centered on the vehicle and not off to the left of the driver I would agree but I have contacted Kia and they are definitely looking into this
Centering it would defeat the purpose. The driver in front of you on the road can flip their mirror, or it will dim itself if it's auto, so there's no need for a relief dip in the cutoff. On the other hand, to the left of the center of the vehicle, is the oncoming lane of traffic, and the drivers of those cars cannot change their windshield or obstruct their view for your headlights... And you don't want to blind oncoming traffic and risk a collision. That's why it's off-center to the left. It is designed to line up at distance and make a single dip shape from the 4 separate LED low beam projectors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have tried twice now with the dealership to get my headlights fixed. Tune to no avail. I have contacted Kia USA and I'm waiting to hear back from them. In the meantime I've contacted the Department of Motor Vehicle Safety their phone number is 8883274236 they have told me if we don't get this resolved that we should call there and file a Complaint Form. At that point an investigation will be started and if they have enough complaints they will go to Kia and make them fix this issue please read this word around

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I too adjusted the lights(finding the U and D screws) and it did help by adjusting it up, but the "V" is still there. only problem is, one has to adjust almost to the point of blinding people in front of you. I had an appointment at the dealership yesterday, but due to the bad wintery conditions they called me and rescheduled it for the 1st of the month. My salesman said the service dept. mgr. said it needs a left/right adjustment. Well, before I go there, I think I found that adjustment screw. Will let you all know if that is the one and send a pic or two of it. Everyone please be safe out there...........
Hey! The first thing I noticed when I test drove a K5 was how bad the headlight spread is compared to the LEDs on other cars I have and usually drive, specifically Euro cars (VAG, BMW etc). Was trying to find these on the owner's manual but typical of any manual nowadays, they want you to bring it to the dealer.

Is it easy to find the screws to adjust them vertically and horizontally?

Do I need to remove covers, etc to access them?

What type screw to use?

Don't have my car yet but I'm trying to figure out if I can do it before leaving the dealership as I will definitely adjust them before I start driving it on the highway (3-4hr drive back home)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey! The first thing I noticed when I test drove a K5 was how bad the headlight spread is compared to the LEDs on other cars I have and usually drive, specifically Euro cars (VAG, BMW etc). Was trying to find these on the owner's manual but typical of any manual nowadays, they want you to bring it to the dealer.

Is it easy to find the screws to adjust them vertically and horizontally?

Do I need to remove covers, etc to access them?

What type screw to use?

Don't have my car yet but I'm trying to figure out if I can do it before leaving the dealership as I will definitely adjust them before I start driving it on the highway (3-4hr drive back home)
There is no horizontal adjustment

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is no horizontal adjustment
Ugh that sucks.

I had a mk7 VW Golf R with HIDs and it had both adjustments, I can do it with VCDS coding too if I knew the measurements (x, y axis etc... Calculus!!! Lol)... But when I did replace that car with the mk7.5 VW Golf R with the LEDs, it was only the manual height adjustment available and the VCDS coding.

I guess I'll just have to deal with just the height adjustment.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue! I hate the head lights! Love the car but the headlights are frustrating! They are distracting. I tried to adjust them and get them to a better height. They are a bit better for me but not for oncoming traffic.
night conditions with snow falling are terrible with these lights. I wish there was a remedy. 2022 K5 turbo AWD

21 - 40 of 48 Posts