Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my windows tinted and while looking at the results, I noticed that the headliner isn’t flush with the rear glass and the trim on the left and right side of that large window. I called Kia and they said that it looks normal. Honestly, I don’t know how it looked before. I never looked before they did the tint.

Can you guys take a look at your K5s to see if there is a space. If it looks anything like my photos,, Kia did a poor job Back there and wasn’t thinking any one would look back there. I had to take my phone and lean over the rear seat just to take the pics.

Thanks

·
Registered
'21 K5 EX, black/black w/prem pkg
35 Posts
Nate, I'd say mine is about the same (I have the EX). Maybe 1/8th to 1/4 in gap between glass and liner. Funny, I was actually looking at that today. One thing I noticed is the fabric edge doesn't seem to be finished off or rolled over to give it a more finished appearance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nate, I'd say mine is about the same (I have the EX). Maybe 1/8th to 1/4 in gap between glass and liner. Funny, I was actually looking at that today. One thing I noticed is the fabric edge doesn't seem to be finished off or rolled over to give it a more finished appearance.
Thanks OHRickK5.

Do you mind taking a few pics? You have to use selfie and flashlight with a 3 or 10 second timer to get good pictures back there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks OHRickK5.

Do you mind taking a few pics? You have to use selfie and flashlight with a 3 or 10 second timer to get good pictures back there.
Thanks OHRickK5.

I'd be happy to..will take some tomorrow with a flash. In the meantime here is one I took when I checked
after reading your post (no flash). This is roofline with upper brake light to right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm curious to see other cars such as BMW Lexus infinity... Just to compare.
Nothing like this. I’ve own BMW, Merc and Audi this is my fist non German car in almost 16 years. I love the K5. Everything appeared to perfect until I stumbled upon this issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh man... come on Kia. They obviously thought no one was going to look back there.
Nate, I didn't forget but the extra pics I took were not as clear as yours and didn't reveal anything different from what you have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts