Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New owner here. I was watching some reviews before buying the car and I noticed that some reviews had a cool effect to the heartbeat DRLs. I can’t seem to recreate it though. I tried turning the fogs off, turn signals, and hazards but no luck. Am I missing something?
The effect I’m talking about is 3:10 into the video. Example

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
18 Posts
Hey everyone! New owner here. I was watching some reviews before buying the car and I noticed that some reviews had a cool effect to the heartbeat DRLs. I can’t seem to recreate it though. I tried turning the fogs off, turn signals, and hazards but no luck. Am I missing something?
The effect I’m talking about is 3:10 into the video. Example
You can’t. I believe that’s just the nature of how the camera picks up the led light unfortunately. Would be really cool if you could though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can’t. I believe that’s just the nature of how the camera picks up the led light unfortunately. Would be really cool if you could though!
I dunno. It looks too perfect for it to be that IMO. I feel like it would be blinking if it was a weird camera issue. Bummer though

·
Registered
28 Posts
its the frame rate of the camera being faster than the rate of the pulse width modulator for the leds. basically the leds are constantly in a flash but at i high frequency'
Yep, this is exactly it. If the lights were shot with 60 FPS and 120 FPS, you'd see a difference between the two in terms of the "pulsing" speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts