Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a coupld of hours of driving steering starts to feel heavier on my K5. Anybody else noticing this? Im not going crazy lol.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Perhaps it's the Lane Keeping Assist? Try turning that off and see if it still feels heavy after a while. You can turn off active assist and just have it beep at you instead from the Settings menu.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps it's the Lane Keeping Assist? Try turning that off and see if it still feels heavy after a while. You can turn off active assist and just have it beep at you instead from the Settings menu.
I dont have that on. Anyway, Maybe the power steering electric motor or computer/controller was having a bad day or im just bugging. Lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
This has been happening to me too. Not on a daily basis but there are days where I can feel the heaviness. Lane keeping assist is off so I'm left questioning why this is happening.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has been happening to me too. Not on a daily basis but there are days where I can feel the heaviness. Lane keeping assist is off so I'm left questioning why this is happening.
Well tbh its good to know im not alone but still not a relief for what is happening to us haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh really? What other issues are you having? Are you going with the lemon law? Because thats not the only issue im having either. Sometimes my ateering wheel shakes when im braking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Transmission issues, it tends to get stuck in certain gears, the car has shut off on me multiple times while driving , once when crossing an intersection and ended up stuck in the middle for a good min before I could get the car to turn on, right after it shut off three lights illuminated on my dashboard (immobilizer indicator, charging system, and the low oil pressure light) , a blown head gasket, major fluid leak, current oil leak, car shakes as if it wants to shut off while stopped at a traffic light, car loses power then revs back up while in park after turning of A/C , buring smell coming from my engine, and was told my car is missing parts underneath it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh wow…
Well Im definitely not having as much issues but…
I do experience vibration in the steering driving on highways, shaking steering wheel when braking, sometimes, and sometimes I cant lock the car to initiate a remote start. Rattles of plastic inside…

·
Registered
26 Posts
The rattling inside I also have and the sound of wind seeping in through the windows (everything is rolled up). Already got an attorney , lawsuit is currently being pursued.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
185 Posts
After a coupld of hours of driving steering starts to feel heavier on my K5. Anybody else noticing this? Im not going crazy lol.
This might be a stupid question, but are you talking a couple hours of continous driving, or total? I haven't driven more than 45 - 50 minutes at a stretch yet. but I've got at least 40 hours total driving.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
185 Posts
I mainly commute to and from work, and with reduced pandemic traffic, it only takes me like 25 minutes to get to work, maybe 30-35 on the way home. I haven't noticed any change in the steering other than when using the lane keep assist.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Me neither, been driving anywhere from 10-15 minutes to 45 or an hour almost every day. Haven't experienced any issues as of yet...

·
Registered
6 Posts
So my steering wheel feels and sounds like it's rubbing smthg

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
So my steering wheel feels and sounds like it's rubbing smthg
If you can, you should go get that checked out. There were some here that had also experienced the rubbing issue. I believe they mentioned that they had to get the steering column replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Transmission issues, it tends to get stuck in certain gears, the car has shut off on me multiple times while driving , once when crossing an intersection and ended up stuck in the middle for a good min before I could get the car to turn on, right after it shut off three lights illuminated on my dashboard (immobilizer indicator, charging system, and the low oil pressure light) , a blown head gasket, major fluid leak, current oil leak, car shakes as if it wants to shut off while stopped at a traffic light, car loses power then revs back up while in park after turning of A/C , buring smell coming from my engine, and was told my car is missing parts underneath it.
Every single thing you’ve described, I have experienced except the lights illuminating. I also have not smelled anything burning. It’s a shame because I love the car, but there are way to many issues. I need to get out of this thing before I exceed the mileage and or time to have any leg to stand on. If you have any advice I’d appreciate it, this is my first new car.
I wondering, this forum seems to be the place where we would find all the stories like this that paints such a negative picture of the k5. And I believe every manufacturer has a forum for each modem they’ve produced, but something tells me this is a higher than average number for owners with negative reviews.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is also my first new car as well. I have to admit, it's been a horrible first experience. My advice to you is keep pushing the issue. Don't let your dealership or the manufacturer brush these issues off like it isnt something major. We pay a lot of money for our "NEW" cars and none of this should be happening. My local dealership were complete assholes with me and told me "they weren't going to service my car or help me, so have a great day". That's when I contacted my lawyer and as of right now we are waiting for a response from the dealership and Kia Motors America. Times ticking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts