Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
'22 GT Line AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there K5'ers! After seeing these things on the road for the last year, I decided to put a deposit down to have one made to order from the factory! So now I'm waiting for my 2022 K5 GT with the GT1 package to be built. These are such killer looking cars and I look forward to contributing more to this group.

Couple of questions I have though:

I test drove an EX noticed some pedal lag even in sport mode. The GT definitely seems to be the sportiest model here, is there still an issue with throttle response in this model? I also own a Dodge Challenger and had to purchase a controller called Pedal Commander to get rid of that. Also for anyone who's driven the 1.6L and the 2.5L models, is the difference pretty noticeable? Another 65%'ish power seems like it would make a huge difference.

Lastly, I saw a company called Lighting Trendz makes a controller kit for the running lights to be able to change them via a Bluetooth app. The link to that can be found here. Just curious if anyone's heard of these or looked into them. I tried to search the forums before asking this one, but couldn't find anything on them.

Thank you very much ladies and gents!

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
Welcome to the forum!

That's kind of funny, I saw those lights and thought "they look familiar..." 馃槀 I linked to another site selling the same lights in another post.

Definitely looks cool but I have no idea how complicated the installation actually is.

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
Hi there K5'ers! After seeing these things on the road for the last year, I decided to put a deposit down to have one made to order from the factory! So now I'm waiting for my 2022 K5 GT with the GT1 package to be built. These are such killer looking cars and I look forward to contributing more to this group.

I test drove an EX noticed some pedal lag even in sport mode. The GT definitely seems to be the sportiest model here, is there still an issue with throttle response in this model? I also own a Dodge Challenger and had to purchase a controller called Pedal Commander to get rid of that. Also for anyone who's driven the 1.6L and the 2.5L models, is the difference pretty noticeable? Another 65%'ish power seems like it would make a huge difference.

Lastly, I saw a company called Lighting Trendz makes a controller kit for the running lights to be able to change them via a Bluetooth app. The link to that can be found here. Just curious if anyone's heard of these or looked into them. I tried to search the forums before asking this one, but couldn't find anything on them.

Welcome @Redeemer! Lots of friendly people around here. I own a 2021 GT-Line 1.6T and in normal mode there is pedal lag and a slow throttle- you really have to hit it to get it to move... but when it moves, it sure does. I notice the car shifts gears very quickly and in low RPM's as well. In sport, it is much peppier and stays in each gear higher up in the RPM's, making it more responsive when you apply pressure to the pedal. I personally have found a liking to shifting gears "manually" using the shifter. I get better MPG and have much more control over pedal-to-throttle response.

Registered

Yes you will be so happy you went with the 2.5T. Plus the GT is a completely different suspension and brake setup.

When I was in the buying process there were no GTs near me so I test drove a Sonata N-line. Then I went and drove a GT-line AWD. There was no contest. I found a GT about 120 miles away and bought it. The first time I drove it is when I left the lot and I have no regrets (except for that shitty tank of 93 octane).

As far as pedal lag. Yes there's a bit in normal mode. A few of the GT-Line folks are using pedal aids. With the GT you will find out that launches need to be handled very gently. You will never hold traction on a fast pedal. You have to get rolling and anticipate the boost that hits about 1800 or so and try not to lose grip. Then you just work the pedal and the paddles the rest of the way through. Those 5 seconds happen really fast and you actually have alot going on, probably a bit more than what you have to do in your Challenger. Wait until you get yours and see what you think. Particularly in SPORT + when the motor is holding rpm and boost I feel zero lag in pedal to response, but you might decide something different.

Registered
'22 GT Line AWD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! I appreciate all the answers so far.

Nicky, have you heard about different tire set ups or even wider wheels/tires to help it hook up? I'm mainly purchasing it because I'm changing jobs and most of my drive will be in town, where better gas mileage will be preferable. So I don't plan on driving like a maniac most of the time, but still want to be able to pass slow people on two lane streets haha.

Registered
'22 GT Line AWD
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle
Well since they canceled all GT orders I went out and picked up a brand new GT-Line AWD instead. I think I'm going to be happy with it. And I'm happy to officially be a part of the group now!

Already have new wheels and better tires ordered, have a date for window tint and chrome delete set, and ordered some stuff for the interior like rubber floor mats, seat covers and a trunk mat.

Came from the dealership with CalTex ResistAll nano coating so that was a nice addition.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Plant

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
Oh damn, still a nice catch. A bit of a shame that they did away with the AWD emblem in the back to signify AWD models for the 2022 models, though.

Registered
'22 GT Line AWD
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...shame that they did away with the AWD emblem in the back to signify AWD models for the 2022 models, though.
Okay so I'm not crazy! I thought I saw the AWD specific badge on other K5's, I'm glad you cleared that up for me. 馃槉 Might have to find one and throw it on there.

I'm excited to get my first round of other cosmetics done to get so I can post some better pics.

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
Yeah, the 2021 models still had the AWD emblem on them from factory. I took this shot a while ago but you can clearly see the AWD emblem decal underneath the GT-Line.
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts