Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line FWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello K5 owners. Purchased a K5 GT-Line FWD for my wife to daily earlier this year, and the car guy in me doesn't have it in me to leave it alone.

I've been tinkering with cars since the mid 90s, bolting whatever turbo I could find to whatever manifold would rig up to my old Ford Tempo, learning not to buy amplifiers and subwoofers from the flea market the hard way, gradually evolving into a formidable Honda swapper/tuner/stereo installer.

I've had a long list of Honda performance vehicles going back to CRXs and Del Sols when they were new, including some nice 6 speed manual Acuras and an S2000 that was tracked, eventually leading me into the Mercedes world, with C63 AMG, CLS63 AMG, and my current two toys, an E550 Cabrio (4.7L V8 twin Turbo Renntech tuned 530whp/720wtq), and my backroad carving 06 SLK55 AMG (5.5L NA V8 in a Miata sized car - 350whp/400 wtq).

I've put stereos in just about everything, converted old cars to factory looking CarPlay/backup camera systems, and have a good smell tester for BS modifications and "magic tuner chips".

Joined to learn a bit more about what's worth doing to the K5 and what isn't. Mainly curious about the JB4 tuner and something to give better throttle response and low end torque to the little 1.6t when you want it, without sacrificing the fuel economy. This is the "get the kid to school and drum lessons and get groceries" car. It'll never be a drag strip monster, but if I have to drive it to church on Sunday, it's going to get out of its own way. And the traction issues....what a let down on a good looking sedan.

But I digress - glad to share knowledge when I can, and hope to learn from your experiences!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good, including the toys! I agree on the thought about what the k5 is intended for, atleast family wise. I’m kind of in a similar scenario, except the older v8 toy I have isn’t pumping out your cabrio numbers. And love car audio, especially now it’s a lot easier and affordable to have serious audio power than back in the 90s. But overall, even having a thirst for speed, I’m not upset with the 1.6t or the automatic transmission. Atleast when moving, you have plenty of power for passing and climbing hills/mountain roads (in sport mode). And as of now, I’m not crying for the need of a manual, as the transmission seems to be tuned perfect with the engines powerband. Especially in in sport mode. Sorry for the rant and welcome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts