Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Glad to be a part of this forum. I'm a big fan of these types of forums that help car enthusiasts get the most out of their car, and get around some dealers whose service departments don't always have the same attention to detail.
Anyway, I had about a 6 week process trying to track down a GT with the 2.5L engine.
I was amazed at how many dealers across the country I contacted that had the GT 2.5 listed for sale on their website, but did not actually have the car on their lot. Bait and switch in it's most basic form. I would call, and they'd say "oh, that one is already sold, how about a GT-Line?" and they'd try to talk you into something else.

Well I ended up getting a Red GT, and so far the car has been great. I've done a couple little things to it, and I'm looking forward to continuing with many "tweaks".

This is the day when I picked it up...
Wheel Tire Car Cloud Sky

This is after I got the window tint done....
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Then I did a chrome delete where they wrapped the trim...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

My plans for the car over the next year....
I'm thinking about getting the wheels painted black (maybe)
I've thought about getting wheel spacers as well,
but I've also considered waiting till I need to replace the stock tires, and maybe getting some nice
black 20" wheels that fit the wheel well a little better and getting some Michelin pilot 4s tires, or something
that is a much stickier tire for better traction with acceleration.

I'm also going to look into getting some ambient lighting professionally installed on the interior
in the footwell areas. My last car was a Camaro 2SS and it had this ambient lighting package that
you could adjust the color and brightness, and it just brings a nice ambiance to the inside.

Anyway, thanks for reading my post. Glad to be a part of this community.
And as far as finding a GT 2.5L, last I checked there were only 7 new for sale in the country,
and I'll bet a few of those are "bait and switch" where they don't even really have the car, so I'm very
thankful to have nailed one down. I had a 2011 Optima before my Camaro, and it was a great car,
just didn't have the speed/performance to go with the looks. I'm a big fan of what Kia has done over the last
decade.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2021 Passion Red K5 it's not the 2.5L KIA wasn't offering A lot on the 21s Like the 22s When they Came out I'm been doing a lot with mine I Want to know if there is Any KIA K5 Owners out there that have instead of Deleting All Chrome trim Have Deleted the Black Trim Instead lot less expensive??????

·
Registered
2022 GT
9 Posts
Welcome. Nice find, especially with the GT1 package it seems. The car has been great, but took me about 3-4 weeks to secure a GT. I had to find mine a couple of states away and have it delivered. The dealers either had sold them before they even received them, or the salesmen didn't know the different between a GT and GT-L. You end up explaining it to them.
The more I see pics, the red definitely looks better than i thought, especially with tint/wrapped. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't even know that this car existed a month ago. I was reviewing the Kia Sportage online as a replacement for my Honda Accord, which was recently totaled. I saw the K5 and was immediately interested.Started looking for a GT to test drive but there were zero in my area. One dealer in WV (I live in PA) had ONE K5 in their inventory - a GT w/GT1 which I test drove and purchased the next day! This car with that trim is very hard to find. One local dealer offered to get me one - in 4-6 months! I Like your GT with the chrome wrapped. I'll be getting that done to mine soon!

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts