Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone, glad to join you all.

After 10 yrs. of good services from my 2011 Optima SX (1st yr model), time has come to change car. As my experiences with the Optima were generally pleasant & trouble free, I went back to KIA and got attracted to the 2022 Stinger GT Elite trim which would have perfectly fit my bill.

Unfortunately, not enough bills in my wallet for it so I looked into the K5 GT (CDN specs) which covers my expectations/wants for my next car (Power/Features/Safety, etc.). Did a quick test drive & got myself hooked on so I ordered a GT immediately and ever since, anxiously awaiting updates/status from my dealer.

As it's been 3 months since a made my deposit for the car, I’m very curious to find out, from those of you who recently took delivery of a 2022 GT (if any), how was your respective ordering process in both communication & timeline from your dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
796 Posts
Welcome fellow Montrealer. You'll love the car. I got mine last February. Dealer had already ordered it and was expecting within the 2 next weeks. I bought it on the spot.
Was also the first one in Quebec. (2.5T)
These days, 3 months isn't uncommon to wait for an arrival. What color did you get?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome fellow Montrealer. You'll love the car. I got mine last February. Dealer had already ordered it and was expecting within the 2 next weeks. I bought it on the spot.
These days, 3 months isn't uncommon to wait for an arrival. What color did you get?
Many Thanks. Same color as yours, Wolf Grey. Picked that color because (imo & other than White) it highlights against their backgrounds the various exterior trims.

·
Registered
2022 Sapphire Blue K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
5 Posts
As it's been 3 months since a made my deposit for the car, I’m very curious to find out, from those of you who recently took delivery of a 2022 GT (if any), how was your respective ordering process in both communication & timeline from your dealer.
I’m not sure the US is a close enough comparison point, but it took me a little over 17 weeks from order to delivery when I picked my 2022 AWD GT-Line up 2 days before Christmas. The dealer couldn’t give me a delivery date through most of it, but I called back regularly and in early December they were finally able to tell me my car had a VIN and delivery was expected 12/26. To be fair, they beat that by several days - it actually arrived on 12/22 and they called me and I picked it up the next day. No issues with taking delivery and the car arrived as ordered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not sure the US is a close enough comparison point, but it took me a little over 17 weeks from order to delivery when I picked my 2022 AWD GT-Line up 2 days before Christmas. The dealer couldn’t give me a delivery date through most of it, but I called back regularly and in early December they were finally able to tell me my car had a VIN and delivery was expected 12/26. To be fair, they beat that by several days - it actually arrived on 12/22 and they called me and I picked it up the next day. No issues with taking delivery and the car arrived as ordered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Based on your LT and considering my location, I would assume that I shouldn’t expect anything from KIA within 5 months post deposit. Same here, I have to “harass” my dealer to get status updates especially after reading some comments stating that the GTs production was stop and so on. However, thru this Forum, I don’t see much GTs coming out, as if there’s not much demands or other than chips, they’re allocating their 2.5l engine to higher margin models/SUVs. A periodic courtesy call from Kia would go a long way to keep us excited Vs being that we committed to a pipe dream.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts