Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021, Kia K5 GT Line, FWD, Premium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used 2021 K5 with 5300 Miles (6 months owned) on it from Carvana. Have a few more days to decide if I want to keep it but so far so good. Been driving a 2015 Kia Optima LX for work which has been a very dependable but boring primary car. When that car was stolen, I decided that this next car would be possibly my last car... as I am kinda old. I really liked my Optima and so looked at getting another one only to find that it was renamed the K5. Needed to get a car ASAP since I was paying for a rental, and thought that Carvana would be quick and I didn't have to mess with dealerships and salespersons. I bought my 2015 used so haven't bought new since I was getting a new car every 2 years from my employer until I retired a few years ago. My latest driving experience is my 3rd gen 1994 RX-7, Infiniti G37S hardtop convertible and my 2015 Kia Optima base model. The RX7 spins the rear tires every time I push my start even a little bit and accelerating and turning means hello donuts! The G37S has good acceleration but drives like a very heavy car... still handles well but way different drive than the RX7. This K5 drives somewhere in the middle of those two. Not quite the G's when accelerating compared to those other two cars, but it handles upon acceleration and speed somewhere between those other two. It is comfortable to drive while having pretty decent acceleration.... but does have a small turbo lag when I hit it hard. Wanted a white one with black seats but found several wolf gray with both red or black seats. My grown kids loved the red seats but I was worried that lots of cougars would see those seats and wanna jump my aged bones... lol, jk. So, I got a wolf gray with black seats. Never had a car with a sunroof and drove with the roof open today while I drove a bit but maybe some other day I'll like it more. In the meantime, the black glass roof looks pretty cool, IMO. I already bought license plate holders which were recommended in this forum but it will probably be early Dec before I get the two plates. Got the no drill plate holder for the front of the car and looks like the right side of the radar plate might be best since there is a small radiator(?) which I can see on the left of the radar? Need to get low and look again though to make sure before then.
In the interim, the police found my original stolen Optima. Seems that it was stolen twice.... once from me, and once from whomever stole it from me. LOL! Since the insurance company paid me for it, they own it but it is going to be sold at auction sometime in November and I can bid on it and take it back if I get it cheap enough. I was able to go and see the car and it is exactly the same as when it was stolen from me except for 50+ miles and the door and ignition cylinders having been removed.
Over the next two days, what should I look for or check out on the K5, which have been known to give owners problems or which have been manufacturing issues?
Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum as I get to know my K5 a little better. Thanks, John
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
2021, Kia K5 GT Line, FWD, Premium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
License Plate Frames Silicone License Plate Holder, Rust-Proof Rattle-Proof Weather-Proof with 3 Drainage Holes Black Silicone License Plate Frame Cover (2 Pack) from Amazon.
and
No Drill Front Grille Mesh Mount License Plate Relocator Kit Compatible With Kia Optima, Stinger w/Diamond Shape Lower Bumper Grill Mesh/Insert × 1 from iJDMTOY.com
Hood Automotive lighting Product Automotive tire Grille
Output device Automotive radiator part Rectangle Table Automotive lighting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts