Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is very strange====I drove my 2021 K5 ex (22000 miles) into the garage Friday evening, unloaded some groceries from the trunk and closed the trunk. Next morning leaving for church the K5 is totally dead with a message on the display "Child safety lock failure".
I mean totally dead no lights, no power door locks, can't open the trunk with Botton or key, and the message has now gone away.
I then tested the battery {first making sure I still had a battery:)).it tested ok but I left the charger on all last night still fully charged and DEAD AS A DOORNAIL.
ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME.
Maybe have it towed to dealer considering it’s still under warranty I would start there just saying.

·
Super Moderator
242 Posts
If this issue persists, it is time for a new battery. It is not uncommon for a new car needing a new battery. It could be a battery manufacture defect that can cause a new battery to not hold its charge. If the battery is still under warranty, I would have it replaced.

Service dept should be able to do a stress test. A typical battery should not drain fast within 1 hr. If it drains faster than that, battery is bad

21 - 22 of 22 Posts