Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX AWD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just tried to install a cold air intake. Got a bunch of error codes, car wasn't handling well. Returned it to stock and still have the same issues. Rear blind spot, forward collision and EBD or whatever. I'm afraid to drive my car

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
91 Posts
Well, that's gotta be frustrating, especially since you put everything back to the stock configuration. Assuming you put everything back correctly, I would first disconnect the negative battery terminal for at least 15 minutes and see if that resets the codes.
If that is unsuccessful, the next step would be to have the codes read with an OBD scan tool (friends may have one or a local mechanic) to see what they are and just reset them. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX AWD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that's gotta be frustrating, especially since you put everything back to the stock configuration. Assuming you put everything back correctly, I would first disconnect the negative battery terminal for at least 15 minutes and see if that resets the codes.
If that is unsuccessful, the next step would be to have the codes read with an OBD scan tool (friends may have one or a local mechanic) to see what they are and just reset them. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the response. I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, nothing worked. Sadly, I don't have access to an OBD scanner or have mechanic friends so I will have to nervously bring her into the dealership.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
31 Posts
When I did did an install on my K5 (not an intake tho) I got a code and disconnecting the battery didn't clear the code. But a code reader did and I've no codes or issues since. Code readers and be pretty cheap if you get a basic one. I would buy one before taking it into the dealer. Dealerships always try and screw you our of your warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts