Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, so I think I鈥檓 going to order a 2022 Kia K5 GT with the GT1 Package this week, I鈥檓 going to have to custom order it because obviously the inventory is piss poor everywhere. I believe I have decided upon sapphire blue, with the sand interior. I am located in San Diego California. I鈥檓 just wondering if there鈥檚 anyone out there that has recently ordered a Kia K5 GT in Southern California, or anywhere in the United States and has any insight into the production and delivery times. I鈥檓 going to lease it 36 months, 12,000 miles a year, $1000 down, payment should be about 470$ with tax.

Honestly I think that both the K5 and Sonata look great, I probably would have gone with a Sonata N line If I could have gotten a lighter interior color, but obviously all they have is the black with Alc芒ntara which is nice but I am sick of having dark interiors. It鈥檚 a difficult decision because I really also wanted the digital dash, I knew I should鈥檝e moved to Canada years ago LMAO

I am currently leasing a 2019 BMW 330 I, but the lease rates are very high, and the Kia K5 GT is just such an awesome car, loaded for a great price.

I also want to install an ambient lighting kit, it looks like the dealer installed accessory interior lighting kit is only LEDs underneath the dash, I鈥檝e searched the forums and would love to find an ambient lighting kit that includes strips on the dashboard and the doors as well As pictured in this image attached馃憣

Thank you for anyone鈥檚 insight and comments, and I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum once my K5 GT is actually in my possession, thanks everybody馃檹馃檹
Grille Automotive lighting Bumper Hood Automotive exterior

Registered
2022 K5 GT
I'm from the Midwest. Put in an order back at the beginning of May for a '22 sapphire GT w/ GT1. Come mid-August, was told I was still on whatever wait list they have and shouldn't expect it anytime soon. My local salesman was not helpful about pretty much anything though, but did say KIA seems to prioritize custom orders for their new SUVs. Who knows for sure.
Started my own search, calling 9-10 different dealerships in different states. I found one a few states away. I did have to pay MSRP, but expected as much going in, and sadly had to be happy with that and not paying over it (lol Chicago). Small delivery charge, as the dealership I found was ~450 miles away, but ended up getting it bought and delivered next day. So I guess the take away is YMMV, but the car has been great and worth the wait.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm from the Midwest. Put in an order back at the beginning of May for a '22 sapphire GT w/ GT1. Come mid-August, was told I was still on whatever wait list they have and shouldn't expect it anytime soon. My local salesman was not helpful about pretty much anything though, but did say KIA seems to prioritize custom orders for their new SUVs. Who knows for sure.
Started my own search, calling 9-10 different dealerships in different states. I found one a few states away. I did have to pay MSRP, but expected as much going in, and sadly had to be happy with that and not paying over it (lol Chicago). Small delivery charge, as the dealership I found was ~450 miles away, but ended up getting it bought and delivered next day. So I guess the take away is YMMV, but the car has been great and worth the wait.
Oh wow interesting, yeah I talkEd to my local dealership and she said that they have a couple coming in with a GT one package but they all have black interiors, and I definitely want the brown or whatever it鈥檚 called, I guess I鈥檒l find out when I go to speak to the salesman on Wednesday, did they require just a $500 deposit to custom order it? I鈥檓 glad that you got your car hoping that I can get mine sooner than three months lol

Registered
The final assembly point is just south of Atlanta, GA in West Point.

The thing about GTs is the motor is built in ROK then shipped to West Point. They only assemble GTs when they get motors and the backlog of container ships on the West Coast is really slowing things down...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The final assembly point is just south of Atlanta, GA in West Point.

The thing about GTs is the motor is built in ROK then shipped to West Point. They only assemble GTs when they get motors and the backlog of container ships on the West Coast is really slowing things down...
Oh that鈥檚 good to know, and then they are prioritizing all the SUVs with the 2.5t鈥檚 like the Sorrento, the Santa Fe, and the Genesis first I presume. My lease is up December 21 so I hope that my car can be delivered by then, how much deposit did they require you to put down when you ordered yours?

Registered
I got mine in June off the lot in Charlotte, NC about 150 miles from my house. It was the closest I could find.

Not sure on priority but anything assembled in ROK is going to have better chain access to the motor

Registered
I put my order in for a GT1 in middle/late August. The dealer required $500 down and now I'm just playing the waiting game. The way he explained it to me you don't necessarily custom order the car per se, they go through the normal process of building the cars and you're put into a queue waiting for one with the options you chose. When it comes off the production line, it pings their system and the car gets shipped to their dealership for you to finalize the purchase.

I have no idea how true that actually is, but found it very interesting none-the-less.

Registered
I put my order in for a GT1 in middle/late August. The dealer required $500 down and now I'm just playing the waiting game. The way he explained it to me you don't necessarily custom order the car per se, they go through the normal process of building the cars and you're put into a queue waiting for one with the options you chose. When it comes off the production line, it pings their system and the car gets shipped to their dealership for you to finalize the purchase.

I have no idea how true that actually is, but found it very interesting none-the-less.
Product Font Communication Device Material property Screenshot

Registered
That's a bummer if true. But that account has also only been active for three hours and has two posts. Also, and this may be biased, but his profile picture doesn't make him out to look like a salesrep. Guess we'll wait and see if my dealer calls me in the next few days.
It actually looks like the k5 is replacing the optima but the stinger is stopping production apparently I just read but stuff is not same here then in Korea

Registered
It actually looks like the k5 is replacing the optima but the stinger is stopping production apparently I just read but stuff is not same here then in Korea
I don't mean to sound snarky, but it's pretty common knowledge that the K5 replaced the Optima in the US. I'm not familiar with Kia outside of the US though, are they making both cars in Canada?

What makes you say they're not making the Stinger anymore?

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
@Redeemer
There's been a rumor that the Kia Stinger may end production by 2nd quarter of 2022. Many car news sites picked up on it. When reached out to Kia, the reps neither denied nor confirmed the rumor, so the speculation about it is still ongoing.

Registered
I don't mean to sound snarky, but it's pretty common knowledge that the K5 replaced the Optima in the US. I'm not familiar with Kia outside of the US though, are they making both cars in Canada?

It's all good man I'm in Canada the k5 has only been here for two years and yes the gt and the gt line

Registered

All K5s are assembled in the West Point, GA plant.

Registered
You guys misunderstood what I was asking. I was asking if they were selling the Optima and K5 in tandem in Canada.

I know the K5 is made in Georgia, and the 2.5L GT motors for it in NY.
I think the Optima is gone. If there's one on a lot it's either used or late model year inventory

Registered
All K5s are assembled in the West Point, GA plant.
I got extremely lucky and
You guys misunderstood what I was asking. I was asking if they were selling the Optima and K5 in tandem in Canada.

I know the K5 is made in Georgia, and the 2.5L GT motors for it in NY.
I know what you meant it's only been here in Canada two years and I got the first 2022 gt in Ontario I'm near Toronto I got it near the end of July by having the best luck ever

Registered
I think the Optima is gone. If there's one on a lot it's either used or late model year inventory
Yeah I just looked on the Kia Canada site and there's no optima I just sold my 2019 optima lx plus to the dealership then got the k5 gt they thought I was test driving a 2021 but they just got one 2022 the Friday Before the Monday I test drove it and bought it, claimed it that day

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
I got extremely lucky and

I know what you meant it's only been here in Canada two years and I got the first 2022 gt in Ontario I'm near Toronto I got it near the end of July by having the best luck ever
Same with my 21...first one in Quebec got it mid Feb.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts