Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a spray gap when using their windshield wipers? Whenever I'm on a road trip and I want to wipe off all the insects off my windshield, there's a little section on the bottom middle of the windshield that is always dry. Does anybody know how to adjust the spray, where it shoots out the wiper fluid?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
You mean the part where the wipers always miss, like the upper right and lower left corners? Usually the spray is used in conjunction with the wipers. I would recommend giving it a few passes with the spray on before letting go of the lever to make sure the bugs splatters are fully saturated, taken care of, and rinsed away.

Other than that, I would also recommend getting your windshield treated regularly with something like Rain-X or a similar windshield water repellents, or give it a nice coat of wax or other kinds of after-wash paint protection (like a spray wax or ceramic coat).

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the wipers, it's the spray which doesn't fully saturate the area where the wiper blades wipe. I think a video would better show what I mean, I'll try and get a video of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
669 Posts
They just need adjusting. Use a needle or something small enough to put in the tiny holes and move them around till the fluid goes to we're you want it to.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
63 Posts
I don’t know what kind of cars you’ve owned in the past but I’ve never had a car that’s absolutely perfect. I think getting worked up over washer fluid patterns is a being a bit Karen-ish

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t know what kind of cars you’ve owned in the past but I’ve never had a car that’s absolutely perfect. I think getting worked up over washer fluid patterns is a being a bit Karen-ish
I didn’t notice anyone being karenish, that was kinda harsh. They’re simply coming to the forum asking folks for a solution to a problem. Why attack?

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
63 Posts
It just seems like this forum has turned into a majority of ppl complaining and griping about nonsensical issues. I love my car but let’s be honest, we didn’t buy a Lexus, Mercedes, BMW or the like. We bought a $30k Kia. Is it perfect? No. Is it an outstanding car for the money? Absolutely. I’ve read thru this forum since I bought my car and have learned a ton and appreciate all of it but lately it’s full of a bunch of whining and petty complaints about a car people seem to think should have come with the fit and finish of a Bugatti.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
669 Posts
It just seems like this forum has turned into a majority of ppl complaining and griping about nonsensical issues. I love my car but let’s be honest, we didn’t buy a Lexus, Mercedes, BMW or the like. We bought a $30k Kia. Is it perfect? No. Is it an outstanding car for the money? Absolutely. I’ve read thru this forum since I bought my car and have learned a ton and appreciate all of it but lately it’s full of a bunch of whining and petty complaints about a car people seem to think should have come with the fit and finish of a Bugatti.
I agree with certain things truth us, even if the cars were bmw Lexus... They're will still be issues. I honestly think my K5GT is the best bang for the buck. Go over to infinity forums and read the tons of issues people are having with turbos. Or corvette forums and read about dct issues... It never ends.
Some issues are major wich warrants a buy back. Other issues are just normal quality control missed issues especially in today's world where employees are a dime a dozen for some reason. But yeah... This forum is for learning, teaching and sharing /appreciating.
Ohh.... And venting. Lol

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm just here to find a solution to my problem, I'm not hating on my precious car. It is my first car and I love the car a lot. Even if I have some minor issues with the car, I want to see if they can be addressed.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They just need adjusting. Use a needle or something small enough to put in the tiny holes and move them around till the fluid goes to we're you want it to.
I found out that the K5 uses their own proprietary sprays, they can't be adjusted I think. I tried moving the plastic piece but it wouldn't budge.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Yeah, I'd take it to the dealer for the issue. It's definitely not normal if the spray goes over your windshield and not in the middle. It should be a wide but gentle spray across the middle of the windshield, even at speed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone else have a spray gap when using their windshield wipers? Whenever I'm on a road trip and I want to wipe off all the insects off my windshield, there's a little section on the bottom middle of the windshield that is always dry. Does anybody know how to adjust the spray, where it shoots out the wiper fluid?
Take a needle and insert it into the holes where your car spray comes out. Move the pin and this will adjust the spray hole to where you want it to spray your windshield wash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts