Kia K5 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
96 Posts
Idk how yall getting screwed so hard. Ik that the shortage is affecting numbers but damn yall need to go some other state or something.
What would you consider a 'good deal'? For purchase that is on a K5GT1

·
Registered
96 Posts
Then you should probably or look for something else cause that's a ripoff
Are we talking around each other. I'm just saying it seems like your friend got an OK deal on that EX+premium about $1000 off MSRP.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Hey guys im currently trying to get this car next week at $28,685.
Was gonna ask for 300 a month, taxes in, with 1000 down. Think they will play ball? Reasonable or should I try 290 a month? Thanks
I think for that price, it should be with AWD. I highly suggest looking around the area for better pricing, even if it may be a bit further than you'd like to drive. You should be able to haggle the price down if you see the car in the same trim going for less at another dealership. Don't let them think they are the only dealership you are willing to check out. Remember to check what the car is included too.

For reference, I can tell you that I saw my GT-Line with AWD for around that price at 2 different locations. Without AWD, the car was closer to $26k. These were at dealers around the Fort Lauderdale area.

:edit:
That's curious, it's in Wolf Gray but it doesn't have AWD? Doesn't seem to have the AWD badge either... I thought Wolf Gray for the GT-Line only came with AWD in the US. 🤔

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think for that price, it should be with AWD. I highly suggest looking around the area for better pricing, even if it may be a bit further than you'd like to drive. You should be able to haggle the price down if you see the car in the same trim going for less at another dealership. Don't let them think they are the only dealership you are willing to check out. Remember to check what the car is included too.

For reference, I can tell you that I saw my GT-Line with AWD for around that price at 2 different locations. Without AWD, the car was closer to $26k. These were at dealers around the Fort Lauderdale area.

:edit:
That's curious, it's in Wolf Gray but it doesn't have AWD? Doesn't seem to have the AWD badge either... I thought Wolf Gray for the GT-Line only came with AWD in the US. 🤔
They do have gtlines for 26/27k but dont come with the moon roof like this one does. Im torn between the fwd and all wheel drive which is about 1000 more but im use to turning in leases only having to change the 2 front tires not 4. I hear if you get a flat with AWD you need to change 2 tires instead of one. Not sure how true this is read it on another forum.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
The K5 is FWD-based so yeah I can see that being the case even for the AWD version. The AWD system will electronically send power to the rear wheels when needed but it is still primarily FWD.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is there any drive mode where the AWD is 'Always On' I have my eyes open for an S title AWD K5 cause I would kinda like to frankenstein an AWD GT

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Here's an older thread I found about it.

Seems like it's auto with a 70/30 split until you switch to Snow mode, which is then split 50/50. I haven't tried Snow mode yet as the area I live in never get snow. Maybe I'll try it out once I return home.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Southern California. Picked up a K5 GT Line with GT Premium Package (wife wanted the panoramic roof), MSRP $28,870.

Dealer Cash- $912
Dealer Incentive- $1250
No trade in
Not in the military

Paid $26,708 + tax & Lic. ( $29,503 if I recall)

Put 15K down. $241 a month for 60 @ 3%.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Southern California. Picked up a K5 GT Line with GT Premium Package (wife wanted the panoramic roof), MSRP $28,870.

Dealer Cash- $912
Dealer Incentive- $1250
No trade in
Not in the military

Paid $26,708 + tax & Lic. ( $29,503 if I recall)

Put 15K down. $241 a month for 60 @ 3%.
I feel like you might have been able to talk them into doing 0.9% APR, unless they did the same thing that my dealer did and showed me that I'd be paying less monthly and overall at a slightly higher APR but with their dealer incentive. I think mine ended up being like 2.9%.

Still a good deal and only for 60 months to boot!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I feel like you might have been able to talk them into doing 0.9% APR, unless they did the same thing that my dealer did and showed me that I'd be paying less monthly and overall at a slightly higher APR but with their dealer incentive. I think mine ended up being like 2.9%.

Still a good deal and only for 60 months to boot!
I was thinking the same thing; I have a very high credit score figured I'd get 0.9% -1.9%. When I got home I applied for an auto loan with CapitalOne and it was in the same 3% range.
In any case, I should have it paid off way before the 5 years. I just like having smaller payments cuz Sh!t happens.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Note on this, I would suggest doing payments every other week at half the rate of your full payment. This will actually end up giving you 26 payments per year, and will save you additional money on interest over the period of the loan due to interest being 'compounded daily'. Or at least they tell you it is compounded daily when you payoff the vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a 36/12k for $255 including tax
1500 fees+2000 towards the car= 3500 down. XLS.
South Fl

·
Registered
78 Posts
Around here (chicago area) dealers are not just charging msrp, but "market adjustment" of $500-4000 over msrp. It's bad enough paying msrp for a kia, but several gran over that... .They can keep it!

We'll see what happens next quarter. I'm glad I have a fully working vehicle and not in dire need. Sucks to be those whose lease is coming to and end soon.

I'm in the market for the k5 gt, but will wait. Who knows, if I wait long enough, that rwd mazda 6 with the inline 6 might be out by then.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts