Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a K5 GT late January. I was told 4-6 months lead time and to check back in 2 months for an update. Well no update "but it should be soon". Now its been a little over 3 months and I still don't have a Vin assigned. I don't want to be annoying. Is it cool if I call in once a month to check?

Bonus if you can share your ordering timeline for a GT

Ordered: 1/28/2022
Vin Assigned: Never

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it’s a moving target. I ordered my GT Feb. 23rd. My timeline was 6-8 months. It showed up March 23rd. I think the timeline is a best guess, but I don’t think they really know. Best of luck! Hope it shows up soon!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered a K5 GT late January. I was told 4-6 months lead time and to check back in 2 months for an update. Well no update "but it should be soon". Now its been a little over 3 months and I still don't have a Vin assigned. I don't want to be annoying. Is it cool if I call in once a month to check?

Bonus if you can share your ordering timeline for a GT

Ordered: 1/28/2022
Vin Assigned: Never
When shopping for a GT last year and asking what should be the expected LT for delivery, I was told by my salesman that it should be 2/3 months and he insisted that the agreed to
trade-in value for my 2011 Optima SX included my winter tires making me more enthusiastic about my purchase. Few minutes later & upon making my deposit for the GT, magically the LT went to 3/4 months. Obviously a sale strategy to get you hooked on within their backlog. Understanding that the North American market favors the US by approx. a 10-1 ratio Vs Canada, it aggravates me to see that CDN dealerships are currently advertising upwards of 10 GTs for sale while committed buyers are left out.

Based on my current experience, I would recommend that you do call your dealer at least on monthly basis to check on your order status.

Don't get me wrong, the K5 GT is IMO a very good car to own and worth purchasing but future buyers need to set their delivery expectations & be patient within the current auto industry context despite what dealers communicate to you in your purchasing process.

Ordered: 10/16/2021
Vin Assigned: Still awaiting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts