Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem with their K5 GT or any other Kia/Hyundai product concerning the hydraulic unit assembly or ABS module? They had to take it from me for repair since it was a safety issue. They discovered that it was leaking. Unfortunately there is currently a backorder on this part (from Kia) and the dealership was given no timeline on when it will be available.

With roughly 3,000 miles it presented itself with the orange EPB light on the dash. I was able to defeat the warning light with the electronic brake switch. Turning the parking brake on and off basically cleared the code. However, at each engine start up the light would reappear. I had my first oil change coming up soon so I scheduled to have everything looked at then. In the meantime, I checked my phone app and it said it had something to do with the smart cruise control. It wasn't until I had the dealership look at it that they discovered it was the ABS module.

Currently in a Forte so I guess it's fine since everything is covered, but still bummed about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts