Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol, I just washed the K5 for the first time, and those GT wheels are a BEAR to get clean. There are so many crevices and surfaces that it takes 10 minutes per wheel! Eeww, and that brake dust on the fronts!

Guess I'm going to have to hire that kid up the street to come down and clean 'em for me. I'm sure he'd do it for 5 bucks and a Fudgecicle.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
1,065 Posts
I feel your pain. Use sonax iron fallout for wheels. It helps a lot. The brake dust is annoying on my car as well. What I do now is, after washing the car, I wipe down the wheels after a drive. Quick little wipe down keeps them looking clean longer. I've ceramic coated mine so little swirl marks are not an issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That part of the reason I am replacing mine, plus I think those 2 toned wheels are fugly.
I can't stand the silver in the stock GT wheels. Wish they were just black. I bought new wheels which will have summer tires. I'll keep the stock wheels/tires and run them November 1-March 30. I might take the stock wheels to a powdercoater to have them powdercoated, when I switch back to my summers next April.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't stand the silver in the stock GT wheels. Wish they were just black. I bought new wheels which will have summer tires. I'll keep the stock wheels/tires and run them November 1-March 30. I might take the stock wheels to a powdercoater to have them powdercoated, when I switch back to my summers next April.
Yes, I've thought about powdercoat, too. Any idea what that costs?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a local powdercoater I use, but never for wheels. I bet they'd do the wheels for $100 but you'd also need to pay to have the tires removed and then reinstalled/balanced.
Thanks. I've read there are places that do the whole thing - unmounting and remounting, in addition to the coating and cooking. I'm sure they get a dime for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts