Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions, the first deals with the info screen. I have a K5 EX with the Bose system. When starting the car and the radio is on the screen is black you have to press the radio button to see the channel. Is that normal?
Second question, is it worth the upgrade for Kia connect from the lite version. Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,126 Posts
If you bought your car new and has Kia Connect feature, you should have a 1-year free trial of the Ultimate Plan. That should give you a taste of how the whole app works with your car.

Personally, if you plan on keeping one of the payment options, the Care Plan isn't worth what little it offers.

The Plus Plan gives you pretty much the remote functions you'd want the app to have when connecting to your car.

The Ultimate just adds on POI (for Navigation) and smart assistant connectivity to your home devices (i.e., Alexa and Google Assistant).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you bought your car new and has Kia Connect feature, you should have a 1-year free trial of the Ultimate Plan. That should give you a taste of how the whole app works with your car.

Personally, if you plan on keeping one of the payment options, the Care Plan isn't worth what little it offers.

The Plus Plan gives you pretty much the remote functions you'd want the app to have when connecting to your car.

The Ultimate just adds on POI (for Navigation) and smart assistant connectivity to your home devices (i.e., Alexa and Google Assistant).
Thanks KUNOMOCHI for your response. I bought the car used with 10k miles they gave me 3 months ultimate. I have the key fob with remote start so not sure if I should subscribe to a payment plan. I have the lite for 3 years but that doesn’t do much.
appreciate

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,126 Posts
I mean, if you like having to have control over climate control when remote starting and remote your car from almost anywhere with internet connection (like if you forgot to lock the car doors, you can do that via the app), it would probably be a nice convenience to have. I'm not sure the extent you've tried it out while you had it for the 3 months, though.

The only thing the Ultimate Plan has over the Plus Plan is really just the Navigation. If you're like me and use your own phone for navigation anyway then it's best to just consider up to the Plus Plan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, if you like having to have control over climate control when remote starting and remote your car from almost anywhere with internet connection (like if you forgot to lock the car doors, you can do that via the app), it would probably be a nice convenience to have. I'm not sure the extent you've tried it out while you had it for the 3 months, though.

The only thing the Ultimate Plan has over the Plus Plan is really just the Navigation. If you're like me and use your own phone for navigation anyway then it's best to just consider up to the Plus Plan.

I’m sure I didn’t explore all the options the app offers. The car has the EX premium package with nav. I can say a POI but not an address that I have to type in so I’ll probably go with the care package.
i shopped for a new K5 but there were none available saw this at the dealer and made a deal. Really happy with the car. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’m sure I didn’t explore all the options the app offers. The car has the EX premium package with nav. I can say a POI but not an address that I have to type in so I’ll probably go with the care package.
i shopped for a new K5 but there were none available saw this at the dealer and made a deal. Really happy with the car. Thanks for your advice.
These days, the POI gas price lookup is valuable, too. But, then again, I never looked to see if there was a CarPlay app that offered the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gas Buddy is an app that I use it tells you the best price and users navigation to get you there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts