Kia K5 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put a subwoofer in last weekend. Had to pull the radio for the install. If anyone needs any input, let me know. I've also installed heated seats, an auto dimming homelink rearview mirror and will be installing leather in a few weeks. So I do and will have a good understanding of seating r & I and constant, accessory and ignition wire colors and location. I'd be happy to help walk anyone through any of these installs

Just the guy I want to talk to. Lol.

I have a speaker line converter to rca, and a wiring kit for a sub.

Any tips where to grab the speaker wires, remote wire and such?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just the guy I want to talk to. Lol.

I have a speaker line converter to rca, and a wiring kit for a sub.

Any tips where to grab the speaker wires, remote wire and such?
Check out this thread. All the info i can give is on there! Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have a 21 gt line awd non amplified system. I wanna put a sub in it. What wires do I need to spice for the low pass filter out of the rear door speakers? Also how hard is it to pull the head unit out?
Check out this thread. All the info i can give is in there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put a subwoofer in last weekend. Had to pull the radio for the install. If anyone needs any input, let me know. I've also installed heated seats, an auto dimming homelink rearview mirror and will be installing leather in a few weeks. So I do and will have a good understanding of seating r & I and constant, accessory and ignition wire colors and location. I'd be happy to help walk anyone through any of these installs

Have you had any issue with water inside your door panels? I took my door panels off to figure out my speaker set up. We have had alot of rain lately but inside my door panels there is water. Is this normal? What can I do to "waterproof" my new speakers? Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Have you had any issue with water inside your door panels? I took my door panels off to figure out my speaker set up. We have had alot of rain lately but inside my door panels there is water. Is this normal? What can I do to "waterproof" my new speakers? Thanks for any insight!
Door panels? Or doors themselves? But no, I haven't had any issues with that

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a gt line no bose audio and really was just wondering what steps you took to get out the stock head unit I can’t find anything on it. I replaced the door speakers and want to run a amp to them any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a gt line no bose audio and really was just wondering what steps you took to get out the stock head unit I can’t find anything on it. I replaced the door speakers and want to run a amp to them any help is appreciated!
Im in the same boat I replaced all 4 factory door speakers with new Focal ISU performance 6.5 speakers and its very clear they do not have enough power....The highs are incredible but anything under 20 and you cant even tell they are different from the stock speakers. Really want to get the focal Amp and install along with replacing the front corner tweeters...Got them out no issue but zero space to get my wire connector spliced and connectors on them do they sell an adaptor to just plug into stock like for the doors for tweeter? Sorry 2 big questions on this post haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I have the LXS model of the K5. I have ran all of my cables to install an Amp however I am lost on how exactly to splice the stereo speakers and match to their colors. The diagram you posted that had the wiring colors isn't the same color wires I am seeing on my stereo wiring. Any insight would be much appreciated as this is the last step in the process. I called crutchfield to see if they had any ideas but with the car being so knew, they had nothing. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the LXS model of the K5. I have ran all of my cables to install an Amp however I am lost on how exactly to splice the stereo speakers and match to their colors. The diagram you posted that had the wiring colors isn't the same color wires I am seeing on my stereo wiring. Any insight would be much appreciated as this is the last step in the process. I called crutchfield to see if they had any ideas but with the car being so knew, they had nothing. Thanks in advance!
New** not knew 😅

·
Registered
7 Posts
I
New** not knew 😅
I mm not using a harness - I am directly connecting the speaker wires with the audio lc7i. The colors on the above diagram for speaker wire colors does not match with the colors that my car has for wires. If that makes any sense. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quedo Instalado el subwoofer en mi kia K5 GTline. Esfuerzo pero se logro. Si necesitas ayuda para saber dónde conectar el adaptador de rca déjame saber. Y te ayudo d una.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[QUOTE = "Old Mike, publicación: 477, miembro: 111"]
Eso seria genial. Gracias por adelantado. Por cierto, ¿dónde encuentras los colores de los cables, busqué por todas partes sin éxito?
[/CITA]
Hermano hay un conector blanco de muchos pines la dos izquierdo abajo. Si quieres envíame una foto del plug y te señaló las salidas de los speaker para conectar ahí el convertidor a rca para subwoofer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there a way we can do screen mirroring from our phone to the dash monitor to watch netflix and youtube?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I

I mm not using a harness - I am directly connecting the speaker wires with the audio lc7i. The colors on the above diagram for speaker wire colors does not match with the colors that my car has for wires. If that makes any sense. Thanks again!
It should match. Where are you looking? Open the door panels and look at the speakers

21 - 35 of 35 Posts