Kia K5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello there. I'm in the early stages of putting in an upgraded audio system in my 2021 k5 GT-line. I have a good understanding of car audio due to me working in the industry for 10 years between 1990-2000. With that being said I'm going to be using an AudioControl 4 channel amplifier that has speaker level inputs (as well as rca inputs) and an rca output that I'll be using due to that I'm going to use a self amplified subwoofer. Thus far I have all of the door panels off so I know what colors the speaker wiring is and my local dealer supplied me with an audio diagram so I know what's positive and negative. In removing the front kick panels I found big molex plugs that have a ton of wiring coming from them. At the molex plug the front speaker wires are twisted together so those are easy to determine but the rear speaker wires are not twisted together and there is a lot of the same colored wiring that are the same as the rear speakers. I was hoping not to have to remove the radio as it seems to the naked eye that it would take a ton of work. If you think it's a simple task then I would really appreciate you helping me with that if you feel that would be the best place to tap all my wiring. I guess all that I would need besides speaker wiring would be remote turn on for the amplifier. Thank you in advance for your help.
So if you know that the twisted cables are the front speakers then you must only find the rear ones. What color does it day is the rear speakers??? With the car shut off grab a battery and tape two wires one to the positive and one to the negative. Try putting those cables to the color that's supposed to be the rear and once you hear the speakers make noise you will know which are the rear speakers. Can you please share what color are the rear speakers. I dont have the upgraded sound system I'm hoping you got that wiring schematics

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a subwoofer in last weekend. Had to pull the radio for the install. If anyone needs any input, let me know. I've also installed heated seats, an auto dimming homelink rearview mirror and will be installing leather in a few weeks. So I do and will have a good understanding of seating r & I and constant, accessory and ignition wire colors and location. I'd be happy to help walk anyone through any of these installs
So clearly I'm a female dot-dot. I would love to be able to add a little bit more sound to my K5. I have the 21 gt-line and I don't necessarily think I want like more Bass just more sound if that makes any sense at all. Do I use an amplifier or do I use subwoofers? I understand that this car actually it's pretty loud as it is dot-dot. For everyone else that rides in it. But when I'm by myself I just love to turn the music up super duper loud... To drown out everything. I seriously don't want to take it somewhere cuz I feel like everybody is a rip-off. But do you have any direction for me please??

·
Registered
20 Posts
So clearly I'm a female dot-dot. I would love to be able to add a little bit more sound to my K5. I have the 21 gt-line and I don't necessarily think I want like more Bass just more sound if that makes any sense at all. Do I use an amplifier or do I use subwoofers? I understand that this car actually it's pretty loud as it is dot-dot. For everyone else that rides in it. But when I'm by myself I just love to turn the music up super duper loud... To drown out everything. I seriously don't want to take it somewhere cuz I feel like everybody is au can do it rip-off. But do you have any direction for me please??
so i would start with just replacing the door speakers and dash speakers, its all in the research if you add a amp it might be more work but its all doable by yourself or a friend who is handy. the doors come off easy and the front and back take the same speaker. just watch the videos
i know you can do it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
do you have the pinout for a non bose system with the 8in screen?
I have the GT Line. So, unfortunately, no Bose, no factory amplification. But if I remember right, it it is the rear deck. I can look up wire colors for you also.
You'll need a line out converter. You tap into the speaker wires and plug in rca's. Then run them to your amp.
why not take advantage of the newer amps that have high level inputs. you cut and splice the wires at the harness really simple thanks to bruce and his pinout and color chart

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts

Would something like this work to tap into the harness?
It depends on what you want to do. If you just want to add a sub you can tap the wires. If you’re adding an amp for door speakers/tweeters you’ll need to cut the speaker wires.

Those connectors are the devil. They tend to cut wires and have a poor connection. The harness wire is only 20-22 gauge.

If you need to tap a wire I’d suggest posi-taps.

Lockitt POSI-TAP 6 pack wire connectors 20-22 awg Amazon.com: Lockitt POSI-TAP 6 pack wire connectors 20-22 awg: Home Improvement

·
Registered
5 Posts
Super easy actually. Mirror is standard mount, T15 or T20 screw. You can lower the sun visor and retainer to allow you to tuck the wires a bit easier. This will help prevent creasing the headliner. It's pretty thin and brittle on the edges. If you feel comfortable, you can remove the A Pillar plastic, but just know, that there is an air bag running behind there, so if you haven't removed these before, I would stay away from that and just pull down the rubber door seal and gently tuck the wires behind the cover. On the lower dash, there is a fuse block cover, remove that and all your wiring is right there. If you have the auto dimming with homelink, You will have 3 wires on the mirror: 12v constant power (yellow if I remember correctly), 12v switched power (red) and ground (black). If it's just auto dimming, just switched power and ground. I will attach the wiring info as well. Good luck to you! Let me know if you have any more questions.
Hi there. I'm about to install a pretty elaborate audio system in my 2021 k5 GT-line. Gonna get my speaker wires from behind the left and right kick panels. Just wondering if you know where I can tap for a remote turn on wire for the amplifier. Don't want to remove the radio. And if you could please tell me what color wire it is. I saw you post the wiring chart for accessory but I'm not perfectly clear as to the precise location and wire color. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a subwoofer in last weekend. Had to pull the radio for the install. If anyone needs any input, let me know. I've also installed heated seats, an auto dimming homelink rearview mirror and will be installing leather in a few weeks. So I do and will have a good understanding of seating r & I and constant, accessory and ignition wire colors and location. I'd be happy to help walk anyone through any of these installs
Hi Bruce so I have 2022 Kia k5 gt line. Looking to upgrade the speakers to infinity reference 6532ix in the front and rears and add a fosgate p300- 10 powered sub. Is it worth the speaker upgrade? Also how difficult is it to connect the powered sub?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You installed heated seats? Were they oem or how'd you go about doing it?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
Katzin installers have an option to install heated and/or cooled seats with the new leather seats. I remember him showing the process of getting his Katzin leather seats installed as he was an installer himself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do i all need to install a sub into a 2022 kia k5 gt-line

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey man! I was wondering if you could type me up how you would go about installing a powered sub. I currently have a 2019 optima that I put a jbl 12” in but the new K5’s radio is much different. Do you have a wiring diagram and the step by step you did to install? I am on the fence about getting a K5 GT-Line AWD but it’s a huge zonk with the sound. Let me know if you’re able to type me up all the steps you took and how to disassemble everything, etc, etc. Thank you for your help. I would probably be getting the JBL BassPro 12” and want to make sure it won’t fry the head unit. Let me know!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Bruce I was reading your texts about the K5 and I am going to attempt to hook my sub and amp up to the factory Bose amplifier I need help finding the 12v wire on the factory Bose amp 96370-L3250

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having trouble installing RCA, And finding the FL Speaker (+/-) on a friends 2021 Kia K5 Gt-line no bose speaker system. If you could help me with location, wire colors, tips and tricks, anything would be appreciated !

41 - 60 of 61 Posts