Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, finally got some good enough pictures to introduce my car. A 2023 GT Black w/Chestnut interior. Got it with 16 miles. 10/1/22 build date.Wanted to do a couple modifications before i posted. Every mod i do going forward i will update this thread. So heres what ive done so far.

-20% ceramic all around except windsheild
-removed stock badges
-added 2019 GT stinger badges front/back
-AVS hood gaurd, smoke

* yes the 2023 GT badges have changed from the 2022 k5 GT which is my preferred style. The GT logo in the seats has changed also from embroidered to pressed on. I had a replacement badge for the rear but didn't like the matte finish it had. Will re-order in chrome/black.

Attachments

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing beats a shiny black car (when it's clean), and yours is no exception. I especially like the amber DRLs against that black.

Beautiful car! (y)
Thank you. Definetly a pain to clean and keep clean especially with winter breathing down my neck. Hand washs only. Caranuba wax and some touch up detail spray from Meguairs.

· Super Moderator
302 Posts
@GT Delete
Welcome and great to have you be part of the K5 fam.

In case you didnt know, we have a section where you can post your progress build if choose to start one in there. If you prefer to continue with your build here, that is fine also

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the black "GT" logos in the seats are terrible - i wish they were still red like the piping and stitching. No one will notice them unless they are looking for them. Can't see the logo at all from outside the car - even through the windshield.
They half *** converted to the new GT logo style. On the bottom of the steering wheel the GT logo is black now which i prefer to last years red with white outline as i thought the red wouldn't match my chestnut interior. BUT! They kept then old GT letter styling and color on the brake calipers red/white.

· Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys, finally got some good enough pictures to introduce my car. A 2023 GT Black w/Chestnut interior. Got it with 16 miles. 10/1/22 build date.Wanted to do a couple modifications before i posted. Every mod i do going forward i will update this thread. So heres what ive done so far.

-20% ceramic all around except windsheild
-removed stock badges
-added 2019 GT stinger badges front/back
-AVS hood gaurd, smoke

* yes the 2023 GT badges have changed from the 2022 k5 GT which is my preferred style. The GT logo in the seats has changed also from embroidered to pressed on. I had a replacement badge for the rear but didn't like the matte finish it had. Will re-order in chrome/black.
Nice car. I’m looking to get that same color package but wondering if the chestnut brown looks orange? Let me know what you think.

· Registered
15 Posts
I went wolf grey with chestnut and I LOVE the color. Not orange at all. More like peanut butter. I get compliments daily from anyone that gets in the car. With black compliments that interior looks SO much nicer in my opinion to the black/red. It was a deal breaker for me it HAD to have chestnut when I placed the order.

Nice car. I’m looking to get that same color package but wondering if the chestnut brown looks orange? Let me know what you think.

· Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
1,192 Posts
More GTs to hang out with. Nice ! I was on the fence when I went in to order mine in February of 21. Wanted black but manager told me they have a wolf Grey coming in a couple of weeks so I said what the heck ,ok.
Got my car 1.5 weeks later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts