Kia K5 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT-Line
17 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2022 gt- line. It only did that when the key fob was in the same pocket as my cell phone. It interferes with the signal. Separated the two and it worked with no problem. I put em next to each other again and the key fob stopped working again.
I've had the rubbing steering wheel/bushing issue too. They say about 6 weeks to order/replace the whole thing. Annoying

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
17 Posts
I've had the rubbing steering wheel/bushing issue too. They say about 6 weeks to order/replace the whole thing. Annoying
I was referring to the unlock button on the door handle not working properly. My car wasn't detecting the key fob because it was next to my phone which was causing a signal interference. Which is why my door wouldn't unlock when I pushed the button on the door handle to unlock my car... nobody else brought it up... thought I'd chime in a bit

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a good one,,,,,inside of back glass sometimes has an appearance of "fish scales'"..other day I had some things to do and later I got my glass cleaner and was going to clean the glass. Low and behold it was gone,,clear as can be,,,on way to get car serviced a few days later I noticed it was back on the glass and asked the service mgr if they could check it out. When they went to take car inside for the service work it was gone,,clear again. Interesting huh? This happens all the time. I asked my neighbor who details cars and he never heard of it. Yesterday it was there and I drove it to neighbor for him to see. Wow he said so he cleaned it with his product and today it is there again. Who knows?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
181 Posts
I have a good one,,,,,inside of back glass sometimes has an appearance of "fish scales'"..other day I had some things to do and later I got my glass cleaner and was going to clean the glass. Low and behold it was gone,,clear as can be,,,on way to get car serviced a few days later I noticed it was back on the glass and asked the service mgr if they could check it out. When they went to take car inside for the service work it was gone,,clear again. Interesting huh? This happens all the time. I asked my neighbor who details cars and he never heard of it. Yesterday it was there and I drove it to neighbor for him to see. Wow he said so he cleaned it with his product and today it is there again. Who knows?
Do you have polarized lenses in your glasses or sunglasses? That can make glass look weird sometimes at certain angles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have polarized lenses in your glasses or sunglasses? That can make glass look weird sometimes at certain angles.
No I don't..forgot to put that in my post..also this is all over the glass,,not just a little area,,confused!!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
I've seen quite a few cars that have something like those appear in the windows, usually on cars with polarizing windows. It's especially noticeable in the vids for them.

For my car, though, I remember the side and rear windows to be darker than the front without tints. I don't think I've seen the patterns appear, though.

If you can, maybe take a picture of the "fish scales"?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen quite a few cars that have something like those appear in the windows, usually on cars with polarizing windows. It's especially noticeable in the vids for them.

For my car, though, I remember the side and rear windows to be darker than the front without tints. I don't think I've seen the patterns appear, though.

If you can, maybe take a picture of the "fish scales"?
I will,,,but my wife is gone to work with it 8 hrs /day,,,i will need help putting picture on here,,computer dumb

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased my K5 on March 17th. On March 20th, I got a crack in the windshield. I replaced the windshield through my insurance on April 16th. Less than a month later, my windshield cracked again. WTF! This will make the second windshield that I have had to replace in 2 months of owning the car. I had my Hyundai for six years and never encountered this problem! There has to be some defect with these windshields. Are they prone to cracks? I want to trade it in now!
Car been in a wreck?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
Car been in a wreck?
I can't say how common the issue is but it has happened to a few new owners of the car. Apparently, new cars nowadays have lighter and thinner glass so issues like this isn't uncommon.

I remember one car reviewer had stated that they had cracked the windshield of the 2021 Hyundai Sonata windshield after their shooting was done and they were just popping the camera mount off of the windshield, close to the A-Pillar, when it happened.

I guess another thing to note is to be wary of where you are mounting things and how heavy they all are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys, as mentioned in a different post of mine, which can be found here:
I’m having an intermittent issue where turning OFF the AC while in idle park will either cause my rpms to drop instantly a couple times like the engine is dying OR the drop is so severe the engine just turns off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have an issue driving with windows down. Can’t seem to to stop air from coming out vents while driving around. I can put it in recirculation, but then it goes back to the fresh air mode. And sometimes the air is hot coming from the vents. Turns out if the ac was set to anything 72degrees and over (last time it was being used), it will be hot air passively coming through as well. Hot air + not being able to hold the recycle mode, yuck!

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
17 Posts
I also have an issue driving with windows down. Can’t seem to to stop air from coming out vents while driving around. I can put it in recirculation, but then it goes back to the fresh air mode. And sometimes the air is hot coming from the vents. Turns out if the ac was set to anything 72degrees and over (last time it was being used), it will be hot air passively coming through as well. Hot air + not being able to hold the recycle mode, yuck!
Close the vents.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
Close the vents.
That's what he does, but the moment you open the window or sunroof, the car will automatically open up the vents again. You'll have to press the button to close it again, or close the window in which case the car will then close the vents again.

It's a weird system all around, and something I've noticed when driving with the sunroof cracked open to push the hot air out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's what he does, but the moment you open the window or sunroof, the car will automatically open up the vents again. You'll have to press the button to close it again, or close the window in which case the car will then close the vents again.

It's a weird system all around, and something I've noticed when driving with the sunroof cracked open to push the hot air out.
He’s probably referring to manually closing every single vent in the car, one by one, which is not ideal lol. And by hot air I’m talking passing through the heater core of the car which normally is used on a cold day. It’s HOT. Kind of like putting a traditional knob in the red zone, even with the airflow off it will still be hot as long as air is coming through.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
That's still pretty weird, though. What's the ambient temp outside? Is it even hotter if you have the A/C button turned off? Also, how's your engine temp reading?

I had mine set to 74 a few times before and, while it didn't run as cool, there was still some cold air coming through the vents. The fans also ramped down pretty low after a while. The ambient temp outside when I set it to 74 was around 80s-90s.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
17 Posts
Sometimes the car will takes over the system in certain situations to keep the windshield from fogging up. Maybe that's what's happening here. Idk man I've read about a lot of problems people are having with their new K5's... I haven't had any issues at all with my car... hope y'all get it figured out

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
84 Posts
I have a 2022 GT-Line with sunroof. My driveway is up a slight hill and whenever I back out of my driveway I get a pop/knock sound coming from behind me and occasionally the next turn I make after this happening it will pop/knock again. Haven't pinpointed yet if it might be the rear glass of sunroof, something to do with trunk, or the "hat rack" area next to rear glass. Anybody experienced this yet? 1500 miles on car and only issue with car so far.
I've got a rear pop or clunk that sound like it's coming from the right rear, occasionally. New 22 GT Line AWD, build date 7/21/21 bought 8/11/21 currently at 1500 miles

It's only happened a few times so I haven't been able to pinpoint it or been worried about taking it in. I didn't know if it's related to the rear drivetrain actuation

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
58 Posts
So I figured we could create this thread to list any type of known issues with the K5, and possible fixes/solutions.

I have a short list of bugs/issues that really got to me in the 6 months I've owned me GT-Line

1) Steering wheel rub, Steering wheel rubs when turning it. I thought nothing was going on with it, in fact the dealership realized it. Come to find out a bushing in the steering column was no good, so they replaced the entire column under warranty.

2) Glass issues, Windishield created a stress crack within 4 weeks of it. Kia tried to have me put it through insurance, but my insurance wouldn't cover it, and I wasn't going to pay for it. Kia insisted I paid for it even though there was no evidence of impact on the windshield and it clearly was a stress fracture which was created along my passenger side pillar and spread all the way across the windshield. This was a 2 month fight for me, but once I called corporate, sales ate the $1,100 price tag and replaced it as a warranty issue

3) Wind Noises, from what I hear anyone with a sunroof is hearing some pretty loud wind issues and there is no fix for it

4) Road Noise, I noticed more road noise than normal, kia has no suggestions to correct it aside from replacing my tires with a softer compounded rubber, no thanks lol

5) Paint issues, my fender has developed a rust spot right where it hits the headlight. No visible damage, the paint completely chipped off, currently the kia dealership went from "yeah we will definitely cover that" to "We need to wait to hear from corporate"...it's been a week. I'll update as I get more information.

6) Transmission issues, not really an "issue" but i noticed there is a serious delay with the AT when in normal mode with shifting between gears, to the point the car revs high as hell, the only fix Kia told me with this is to put it in sport mode and leave it in that for now on - One thing I noticed is when I take it out of AT and put it in techtronic, I can shift the car as needed. There is still a delay but it is a fraction of a second and once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to comfortably shift the car.

7) My girlfriend just noticed today that her button on her door doesn't work to unlock the car when pressed, but the fob works fine, I need to look into this to try to find a correction/resolution, has anyone else had this problem?

So here is the start of the thread lol if we have a valid resolution please comment below it as resolved along with the resolution. Has anyone else had any of these issues, and has anyone noticed any other problems?
I have a 2021 GTline and my brakes feel funny after 7,000 mi a little rumbling when I break from hiway speeds

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I have a 2021 GTline and my brakes feel funny after 7,000 mi a little rumbling when I break from hiway speeds
Sounds like warped rotors to me. there is a 12,000 mile warranty on them, so just bring it to the dealership and have them replace them under warranty. It's from braking too hard and the heat from the brakes overheating the rotor.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts