Kia K5 Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I've got a rear pop or clunk that sound like it's coming from the right rear, occasionally. New 22 GT Line AWD, build date 7/21/21 bought 8/11/21 currently at 1500 miles

It's only happened a few times so I haven't been able to pinpoint it or been worried about taking it in. I didn't know if it's related to the rear drivetrain actuation
I have heard the same thing, maybe 4x since I had the car since August of 21, I have 13k miles on my car currently too. Never tried to hunt it down, at some point you just get too tired of looking for problems lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I'm experiencing wheel shaking when braking and when driving highway speeds, but also a clicking/knocking sound when I fully turn the steering wheel, and I don't have to turn it hard.
Is that a known issue as well?
The clicking/knocking of the steering wheel is an issue some kia dealerships are aware of. Tell them it's rubbing, they should replace the entire steering column.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
My windshield sounds like it’s cracking but hasn’t yet. It’s a totally obnoxious noise!
Just replaced my windshield for the 2nd time today. 1st time dealer ate it, 2nd time, I bent over and grabbed my ankles. If this keeps happening I may flip out lol it's $1,000 for a new winshield.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I was referring to the unlock button on the door handle not working properly. My car wasn't detecting the key fob because it was next to my phone which was causing a signal interference. Which is why my door wouldn't unlock when I pushed the button on the door handle to unlock my car... nobody else brought it up... thought I'd chime in a bit
Haven't heard of this, however I do know for a fact the car is known to not unlock the gas tank door sometimes. Happened to my girlfriend, its a good time, dealership has to rip the door off and replace it :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I can't say how common the issue is but it has happened to a few new owners of the car. Apparently, new cars nowadays have lighter and thinner glass so issues like this isn't uncommon.

I remember one car reviewer had stated that they had cracked the windshield of the 2021 Hyundai Sonata windshield after their shooting was done and they were just popping the camera mount off of the windshield, close to the A-Pillar, when it happened.

I guess another thing to note is to be wary of where you are mounting things and how heavy they all are.
Just replaced my windshield for a 2nd time today. My K5 is getting a LOT of love and my wallet is crying lmao

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
181 Posts
Just replaced my windshield for a 2nd time today. My K5 is getting a LOT of love and my wallet is crying lmao
Doesn't your insurance have glass coverage? I think mine has a glass deductible of $50. I think it only adds like $5 to the price of the policy for 6 months.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
84 Posts
Doesn't your insurance have glass coverage? I think mine has a glass deductible of $50. I think it only adds like $5 to the price of the policy for 6 months.
Well I certainly feel better for opting in on the windshield warranty through my dealer. I think it added replacements for 5 years? Might have been a $100 deductible

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
So word to the wise, Gieco sucks. They don't have glass coverage, they have just simply comprehensive. I just changed my deductible from $1000 to $100. I didn't seem to think about it because I never had a problem with windshields until I got my K5. And now I relocated to NM from RI so windshield replacement is a common thing here apparently. I'm currently shopping for insurance now because I don't like the way Geico handles the glass claims, everytime I file a "glass" claim, it counts as a comprehensive claim which shows up on my insurance records. It's utterly annoying.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Well I certainly feel better for opting in on the windshield warranty through my dealer. I think it added replacements for 5 years? Might have been a $100 deductible
It wasn't offered to me because my dealer was shady as hell. They gave me a "Manufacturers" service package, well I moved across country and it isn't valid at any other dealerships because it was a dealership specific one. They never gave me a paperwork on it nor a coupon book, said it was all "in the system". I fought with them for about 1 month on it they refused to budge. Then I called the news stations and the AG, and what do you know, I was given a check for the FULL refund of $2200 for both cars....dicks. I was not happy with the way the dealership I purchased both of my K5s handled anything, good riddance I won't ever have to deal with them again.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
181 Posts
So word to the wise, Gieco sucks. They don't have glass coverage, they have just simply comprehensive. I just changed my deductible from $1000 to $100. I didn't seem to think about it because I never had a problem with windshields until I got my K5. And now I relocated to NM from RI so windshield replacement is a common thing here apparently. I'm currently shopping for insurance now because I don't like the way Geico handles the glass claims, everytime I file a "glass" claim, it counts as a comprehensive claim which shows up on my insurance records. It's utterly annoying.
I've only ever had Allstate and Progressive and they both had glass coverage. I checked my current Progressive policy, it is part of my comp coverage and has a $50 deductible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It wasn't offered to me because my dealer was shady as hell. They gave me a "Manufacturers" service package, well I moved across country and it isn't valid at any other dealerships because it was a dealership specific one. They never gave me a paperwork on it nor a coupon book, said it was all "in the system". I fought with them for about 1 month on it they refused to budge. Then I called the news stations and the AG, and what do you know, I was given a check for the FULL refund of $2200 for both cars....dicks. I was not happy with the way the dealership I purchased both of my K5s handled anything, good riddance I won't ever have to deal with them again.
Dang, good riddance is right. I already know some of my stuff is the same, has to be done at the dealer where I bought the car, not a huge deal hopefully. Unless I end up moving closer to work...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've only ever had Allstate and Progressive and they both had glass coverage. I checked my current Progressive policy, it is part of my comp coverage and has a $50 deductible.
I got progressive after I signed up for the dealer protection, I wonder if I have glass coverage. I've never had progressive before but their rate was unbeatable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I figured we could create this thread to list any type of known issues with the K5, and possible fixes/solutions.

I have a short list of bugs/issues that really got to me in the 6 months I've owned me GT-Line

1) Steering wheel rub, Steering wheel rubs when turning it. I thought nothing was going on with it, in fact the dealership realized it. Come to find out a bushing in the steering column was no good, so they replaced the entire column under warranty.

2) Glass issues, Windishield created a stress crack within 4 weeks of it. Kia tried to have me put it through insurance, but my insurance wouldn't cover it, and I wasn't going to pay for it. Kia insisted I paid for it even though there was no evidence of impact on the windshield and it clearly was a stress fracture which was created along my passenger side pillar and spread all the way across the windshield. This was a 2 month fight for me, but once I called corporate, sales ate the $1,100 price tag and replaced it as a warranty issue

3) Wind Noises, from what I hear anyone with a sunroof is hearing some pretty loud wind issues and there is no fix for it

4) Road Noise, I noticed more road noise than normal, kia has no suggestions to correct it aside from replacing my tires with a softer compounded rubber, no thanks lol

5) Paint issues, my fender has developed a rust spot right where it hits the headlight. No visible damage, the paint completely chipped off, currently the kia dealership went from "yeah we will definitely cover that" to "We need to wait to hear from corporate"...it's been a week. I'll update as I get more information.

6) Transmission issues, not really an "issue" but i noticed there is a serious delay with the AT when in normal mode with shifting between gears, to the point the car revs high as hell, the only fix Kia told me with this is to put it in sport mode and leave it in that for now on - One thing I noticed is when I take it out of AT and put it in techtronic, I can shift the car as needed. There is still a delay but it is a fraction of a second and once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to comfortably shift the car.

7) My girlfriend just noticed today that her button on her door doesn't work to unlock the car when pressed, but the fob works fine, I need to look into this to try to find a correction/resolution, has anyone else had this problem?

So here is the start of the thread lol if we have a valid resolution please comment below it as resolved along with the resolution. Has anyone else had any of these issues, and has anyone noticed any other problems?
I've had and currently have Every Single Issue you've mentioned here. Plus more. It's ridiculous !!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 21 EX Premium. Everything has worked well except one issue. When I drive the car for a long distance (2 hours or more), then stop to fill-up with gas, upon restarting the engine, I have electrical malfunctions. The warning lights come on for high beam assist, smart cruise control, FCW, BSW, LKA, RCTA. The car drives fine, except all these safety systems are disabled. Once I park the car and start it the next day, everything works fine again. This has happened 5 times now. I called my local dealer, and they suggested I wait until this happens again and drive to their shop; otherwise, they‘ll have to replicate the problem, which may take awhile. Guess I’ll plan to do this.

Has anyone experienced these electrical malfunctions?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
It'll be hard to reproduce if it goes away after every restart. I haven't had any major issues with the car yet, save for that one time when it was raining hard, but that was probably due to the heavy downpour obscuring the sensor.

It might be due to a loose connector somewhere, possibly one that hooks up the communications between the sensor and ECU, but could also be something else entirely. Hopefully you'll be able to get them to look at it when it comes up and they find the issue and resolve it quickly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The clicking/knocking of the steering wheel is an issue some kia dealerships are aware of. Tell them it's rubbing, they should replace the entire steering column.
Hello. Are you sure they will? Because it is knocking sometimes not always tho, and this manager at this dealer knows about the issue but said it’s not present in my car. I live in IL.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts