Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 AWD GT Line and can’t seem to locate a front or rear jack point that looks safe. Do they exist? The rear doesn’t look like there's any sturdy spot and the front is covered by a bunch of felt. I’d prefer to avoid pulling all that felt off if possible.

The pinch weld points aren’t wide enough for me to lift and place on stands.

Reason: I’m painting the calipers with G2 kit. The process is time sensitive and I’d like to do all four at the same time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's other threads on this but in essence there are no front/rear jack points, just the pinch welds.

I saw someone on you tube use one of these - Steel Floor Jack Cross Beam - to jack up one side of the car at a time. Placing the front pad partially in the pinch weld area so a jack stand would fit there. The rear pad went near the middle of the car. Also, would a hockey puck slit down the middle distribute the weight better? That's what I used on my g37 in between the floor jack and pinch welds.

Found the video.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks. Yeah, you definitely want a pad that is made for pinch welds so the support is on the frame, not the pinch itself. Otherwise there’s a good chance it’ll bend.

For a floor jack:

For stands if you can get them under there somehow:

·
Registered
91 Posts
The pads on that cross beam are pretty wide (4.75" square) so it should distribute the load well.

If I ever get this car, the intention is to try this beam along with slotted hockey pucks between jack stand and stock jack point locations. With jack stand placed, load would not be on the pinch weld but the horizontal section behind it.

My pucks look similar to this, except they are fully slotted the whole height of the puck. Basically one puck cut in half along its diameter, then screwed onto another puck. Gap between the two halves is about 3/8".

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that’s all I could find as well. Surprising there are no other specified lift points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts