Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else tried installing a tuner kit into their 2022 K5 LXS? My husband tried installing a JB4 tuner kit from Burger Motor Sports and it did not go well at all! Now we have a check engine light on and it is running really rough after he disconnected everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know about the tuner kit, but the symptom described could be down to a sensor not being properly reconnected. Having just replaced an O2 sensor on my daughter's Sportage this weekend, that particular part is top-of-mind for me, at the moment. I know a bad/disconnected O2 could cause the engine to run really rough (it can also cause bad gas mileage), so maybe start there. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the tuner kit, but the symptom described could be down to a sensor not being properly reconnected. Having just replaced an O2 sensor on my daughter's Sportage this weekend, that particular part is top-of-mind for me, at the moment. I know a bad/disconnected O2 could cause the engine to run really rough (it can also cause bad gas mileage), so maybe start there. Good luck!
Thank you for your feedback. My husband finally was able to get it figured out through a very slow and cumbersome email communication with Burger Motorsport. There did end up being two connectors that have nothing to connect to and they told him not to worry about it. The car is running okay now but we haven’t noticed a difference in power. My husband is waiting for something else to arrive that will allow him to take it up to the next level (level 2).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts