Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may say I have issues lol.
I ceramic coated the piano finish interior. I first used chemical guys ceramic quick detailer but since I have a full bottle of ceramic coating, figured I'd use some on the interior.
Gear shift Drinkware Automotive design Automotive tire Bottle
Automotive design Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
lol Looking good! Nothing beats swiping your finger on it without worrying finger prints and having it feel baby smooth. 馃槀

Registered
I have never used ceramic coating; I am concerned about the flash time and what If I don't prep correctly.

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never used ceramic coating; I am concerned about the flash time and what If I don't prep correctly.
I applied it with the apicator, waited 2 mins and wiped off with a microfiber towel and then buffed with another clean microfiber to make sure nothing was left.

Registered
That looks clean as hell. 馃憣馃従馃憣馃従 But yes it does suck how that dash and all collects dust and alot of finger prints

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
You can use off-the-shelf ceramic products. The ceramic spray coats take about a day to fully cure, similar to wax, but it's pretty easy to use for any every day consumers compared to more pro-level ceramics. Chemical Guys, Turtle Wax, and Meguiar's are some of the more popular brands. Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions line has been performing surprisingly well even among pro-level detailers and they tend to be one of the cheapest of the bunch if you want to try it out without having to spend too much.

If you don't mind the price, I hear good things from The Last Coat, Shine Armor, McKee's, and especially Adam's. Anything with Graphene is just an extra compound protection added to prevent rust spots on your car exterior. If you regularly wash your car (at least every 2 weeks or so) or are in an area that doesn't see a lot of surface rust from other cars, you can just skip the graphene line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts