Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line
35 Posts
Nice! Did you cut the lower bumper for the exhaust or do you have a GT diffuser installed? We need videos too!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
That looks nice and clean! Wish I could do that with mine, but I have to deal with the AWD module on the left exhaust side...

Btw, did you also add an exhaust heat shield to the left side like how the right side has one stock? Don't think it'll make that much of a difference but just curious.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! Did you cut the lower bumper for the exhaust or do you have a GT diffuser installed? We need videos too!
Bumper is stock I have the GT line just cut the peace’s out where the fake tips where. I will see if I can get a good video not tech savvy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks nice and clean! Wish I could do that with mine, but I have to deal with the AWD module on the left exhaust side...

Btw, did you also add an exhaust heat shield to the left side like how the right side has one stock? Don't think it'll make that much of a difference but just curious.
No did not add no heat shield I don’t think it will really be an issue but if I find out it is I will should not be an issue. Hopefully.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok took a video not sure how I fill. But have no idea how to post it. Sorry any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
You would probably have to upload it somewhere then share it back here. lol I don't think you can upload videos directly to the forums here, and even if you can, probably won't be able to upload large files.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You would probably have to upload it somewhere then share it back here. lol I don't think you can upload videos directly to the forums here, and even if you can, probably won't be able to upload large files.
Again not tech savvy but I will see if I can do what you suggested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would you say doing the cut outs was difficult?
No. Just use painters tape we used the green stuff tape off what and where you want to cut and go to town took us about 45mins total. We used air tools made the job much easier and cleaner. Than we sanded down the plastic for a smooth and factory like look.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
That is sounding so good! Glad you were able to figure out how to upload videos. lol Youtube has certainly made it easy to do so. 😋

You did nothing else but change out the exhaust, right? Because that is sounding really nice for just the exhaust change.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is sounding so good! Glad you were able to figure out how to upload videos. lol Youtube has certainly made it easy to do so. 😋

You did nothing else but change out the exhaust, right? Because that is sounding really nice for just the exhaust change.
Don’t know if this makes any difference but I took the air intake box out and only using the air filter cone with the Apollo bracket so it does not bounce around. And have the BMS I believe blow off valve. Also using a magnaflow Y pipe. Not sure if any of this changes the sound but this all I have done. Thank you and glad you like it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
It's not very apparent in the video since it's so close to the exhaust, but I can hear a bit of that turbo sound from the intake change (too far to hear the blow off valve). lol I think it's just the Magnaflow Y pipe and Borla exhaust that's really giving it the nice deep sound, though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
lol Yeah, definitely looks nice, but oof for that price! Even at $1400 for just the bumper piece alone! One thing, though, the quad pipes would definitely fit AWD models too. This AWD module takes up that empty space where the left exhaust would be. lol Probably why the GT doesn't have an AWD option either...
20210718_201241.jpg 20210718_201506.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts