Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 Gt-Line Premium AWD
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the K&N replacement filter is finally available, and mostly backordered. That being said I was able to grab one (they sent 2) and it has been placed in the car. I have experience with highly modified cars and had/have no expectation for the filter to make any real difference. At this point I am stunned and trying to convince myself I am experiencing placebo side effects. The car seems to run much better and feels noticeably quicker. Overall the cars seems to run much smoother overall . Maybe its something as simple as its idling 100rpm different and sitting in the sweet spot? I'm honestly not sure but alot of the lag issues I get occasionally have not happened this last couple days. Just sharing my feedback and seeing if anyone else has done the swap...I know for myself I am hoping for someone like AFE or Volant to make a CAI and this was just a temporary spend...but I am definitely pleased.

P.S.
As I mentioned I probably have an extra for sale

·
Registered
10 Posts
How much are you selling it for?
So the K&N replacement filter is finely available, and mostly backordered. That being said I was able to grab one (they sent 2) and it has been placed in the car. I have experience with highly modified cars and had/have no expectation for the filter to make any real difference. At this point I am stunned and trying to convince myself I am experiencing placebo side effects. The car seems to run much better and feels noticeably quicker. Overall the cars seems to run much smoother overall . Maybe its something as simple as its idling 100rpm different and sitting in the sweet spot? I'm honestly not sure but alot of the lag issues I get occasionally have not happened this last couple days. Just sharing my feedback and seeing if anyone else has done the swap...I know for myself I am hoping for someone like AFE or Volant to make a CAI and this was just a temporary spend...but I am definitely pleased.

P.S.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you look at some of the Veloster pages you see that the 1.6 has a long history of being choked by restricted induction and exhaust. The first thing they all say is OCC and CAI. After that there is a lot of opinions, but most say intercooler upgrade then exhaust.

I imagine it will be something similar for the GTline crowd.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There is so much space in the bay even with the 2.5 I really can't wait to see some nice looking CAI options.

There is also a ton of space in the front diffuser. I would love to see some Velossa Tech big mouth intake options like the Stinger and some intercooler options.

·
Registered
375 Posts
So the K&N replacement filter is finely available, and mostly backordered. That being said I was able to grab one (they sent 2) and it has been placed in the car. I have experience with highly modified cars and had/have no expectation for the filter to make any real difference. At this point I am stunned and trying to convince myself I am experiencing placebo side effects. The car seems to run much better and feels noticeably quicker. Overall the cars seems to run much smoother overall . Maybe its something as simple as its idling 100rpm different and sitting in the sweet spot? I'm honestly not sure but alot of the lag issues I get occasionally have not happened this last couple days. Just sharing my feedback and seeing if anyone else has done the swap...I know for myself I am hoping for someone like AFE or Volant to make a CAI and this was just a temporary spend...but I am definitely pleased.

P.S.
I will be installing one on my GT this Monday and will let you know if I experience the same effect.

·
Registered
2022 K5 Gt-Line Premium AWD
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be installing one on my GT this Monday and will let you know if I experience the same effect.
Be interested to hear because I'm not car dumb and stickers don't add horsepower..lol. But typically any real gain is a very small increase and the smaller the displacement the less noticeable.. But I feel like filter only made a bigger difference in how the car drives over all my other vehicles: ZO6, Jeep Wrangler, 72 Nova SS and the other pedestrian vehicles I have owned... Really odd

·
Registered
375 Posts
Be interested to hear because I'm not car dumb and stickers don't add horsepower..lol. But typically any real gain is a very small increase and the smaller the displacement the less noticeable.. But I feel like filter only made a bigger difference in how the car drives over all my other vehicles: ZO6, Jeep Wrangler, 72 Nova SS and the other pedestrian vehicles I have owned... Really odd
Who told you these lies! Everyone knows K&N filters add 500 hp depending on where you put them. 😉 If you get the chrome sticker.. might as well be a super car

·
Registered
73 Posts

P.S.
Is this for the 1.6 or the gt motor

1 - 20 of 33 Posts