Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2022 Kia K5 EX (about a month old) and have been running into an issue. I feel like I’ve pin pointed the issue but not 100% and wondering if anyone else if having this issue. About a week after getting the car, when I started it using the, when I got in, it sounded like my car was going to explode. Turning off the music didn’t help. I then went in and turned off the synthetic engine sound and it stopped. But I still couldn’t use my radio. Later that night, I started my car normally, and no issues. I had no issues for about. Week until I used my app AGAIN to start my car and the same issue. I have since turned off the synthetic engine sound for good incase it happens so all I have to do is turn off my sound but wondering if anyone is having similar issue. I have not started it using the app ever since the second time, and have not had the issue. Could this be a glitch/malfunction? I have a video with the sound but am unable to link here

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
48 Posts
Is it the car revving up and that's what you mean with sounding like it was going to explode? How high was it revving, and also what temperature/setting was your climate control at? I don't have an EX so don't have the ability to change the sound of the engine inside so wouldn't know much on that end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts