Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Have you experienced your fuel door won’t open when about to pump gas with only 40miles gas on was on route to SF?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Usually the fuel door gets locked along with the driver side door so make sure to have it unlocked either remotely or manually with the door buttons on the handle or the side of the door.

That said, I also remember some others having similar issues with the fuel door not opening properly. I would see if it happens again first, and if it does, try calling up Kia first and see if there is anything they can help you with the issue first before having the dealership check it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually the fuel door gets locked along with the driver side door so make sure to have it unlocked either remotely or manually with the door buttons on the handle or the side of the door.

That said, I also remember some others having similar issues with the fuel door not opening properly. I would see if it happens again first, and if it does, try calling up Kia first and see if there is anything they can help you with the issue first before having the dealership check it out.
I called twice already. They all said the same thing. Make sure it is unlocked. I was like this is not the first time I’m pumping gas I had my car since August. Tried couple of times. Went to service and had to force to open it so I can put gas. Kia told them to change the door actuator. Hopefully they will also fix the scratches due to forced opening it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Hoping for the best! Did they tell you how long it was going to take to get the parts delivered? If they didn't give you a time frame, I would give them a call after about 7-10 days to check the status on the part.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is a VERYYY common issue. Happened to my girlfriend 2 weeks ago, when I googled it, it seems to be an ongoing issue and Kia is refusing to look into it. All they are doing is replacing the doors or actuators and from what i'm seeing across reddit at least, it's not fixing it...if someone finds the actual reason and solution for this please post it!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also post this in the pinned post for problems someone that follows that may have a fix for you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a VERYYY common issue. Happened to my girlfriend 2 weeks ago, when I googled it, it seems to be an ongoing issue and Kia is refusing to look into it. All they are doing is replacing the doors or actuators and from what i'm seeing across reddit at least, it's not fixing it...if someone finds the actual reason and solution for this please post it!!
[/QUO
. Sure. I’ll update here. It’s pain in the ass even the kia service dept

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
56 Posts
I don't know why they changed it. I never had a problem with the remote latch in my Optima. Other than sometimes forgetting to open it before getting out of the car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Just curious, what's the manufacturing date of your car? I wonder if it's only affecting ones of certain manufacturing dates.

I'm also curious to know what the mechanic thought the issue could have been, like is it the lock not properly unlocking the fuel door, or the actuator, or is it something else?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just curious, what's the manufacturing date of your car? I wonder if it's only affecting ones of certain manufacturing dates.

I'm also curious to know what the mechanic thought the issue could have been, like is it the lock not properly unlocking the fuel door, or the actuator, or is it something else?
Where can I see the MD? I got it August last year. They said they gonna change the actuator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know why they changed it. I never had a problem with the remote latch in my Optima. Other than sometimes forgetting to open it before getting out of the car.
Exactly. They only have 1 way of opening it. No emergency switch. Not even cable that can trigger it to open

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
56 Posts
Okay. I’ll check it later. Still in the shop :(
Just the fact that you bought it in August tells me it is an early model. I'm not sure when they started selling them, but it can't have been too much before you bought yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts