Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I installed the Burger Motorsports JB4 tuning chip (beta) on my 2022 K5 GT with the 2.5T engine. I used a YouTube video
for quick reference but the install was super easy and only took me about 30 mins. I made a mistake while using zip ties to secure the wires and accidentally unplugged one of the connections. When I started the engine it threw a code and I had a check engine light on. While the car would still start up, with the check engine light on, the turbo would not even after I made sure all the connections were securely plugged in. I tried disconnecting the battery to see if that would clear the code but it would not. Finally I used a code reader and cleared the code that way and all was well. It works perfectly.
Currently I am running map 1 with 91 octane fuel. I'm not exactly sure how much hp gain this tuning chip gives, but based on what I see online I would estimate that with map 1 I went from 290 hp to somewhere in the range of 320-330 hp. However, I might be too generous in my estimate. Obviously running higher octane fuel and a higher map would produce even greater power but 91 octane fuel is all I'm planning on running right now. If anyone has any more info on the gains for the K5 GT 2.5T I would love to hear from you. And happy to answer questions anyone may have about the JB4 tuning chip on the K5 GT.
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Office equipment
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put PS4S on my wife’s car and it helped quite a bit. The all season Pirellis aren’t made for that much torque and an open differential on a FWD platform.
I'll have to check those out. I figure when I'm due for new tires I'll get some rims as well. Slowly doing upgrades one at a time.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already have tirespin problems on my Cadenza, so I'm not surprised about the same issue on the K5 GT. More power + more torque = more wheelspin. GT needs AWD.
I agree. Of course AWD would add more weight but I think it would be worth it. Knowing my luck, now that I have a GT they will come out with the AWD GT next year lol.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Curious that you'd chip the car before upgrading the tires. All the power in the world means nothing if you can't grip the road to make use of it.
Well my car has about 2500 miles on it and I'm not made of money so I'm gonna get the use out of the factory tires. And of course you are right about needing better tires for better traction but it's not like I'm taking my K5 to the track or anything. Like I said before, I'll get new tires and rims once the factory tires ware out, which probably won't take too long with the added wheel spin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bumping this thread, I have been thinking of adding a JB4 to my daily driver 22 GT1 model. Liking the idea of a front strut brace as shown above and replacing the stock air filter for a factory dry air filter vs a race looking cone intake. Any thoughts to you GT K5 tuned owners out there ? Also want to upgrade the mats to something else ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts