Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, it's somewhat confusing. You always have the standard navigation for no extra charge, and these Kia Connect extras are also free for a while (1-5 years, depending on model, etc.), after which there is a charge. Special features, like route planning and driving reports, are in the "pay" plans.

But I know I can set a route to a place without having to know its address - for instance, I can push the steering wheel talk button and say "Find Texas Eye and Laser Center", or "Bedford YMCA", and it will set it as a destination and route me right there. I didn't use to be able to do that.

Now, OTA updates? I don't know about that, but it sounds good.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT line FWD
47 Posts
Got a Revvl6 Pro 5g from T-Mobile and I can confirm that Android 12 and this phone does charge in our wireless charger. I am using it to play mp3's via Bluetooth while charging. Paired just fine and the drivers screen reminds to take it out when parking. I like it. :)

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,335 Posts
My Samsung S10+ fits in there and charges just fine. There are times when it stops charging for a bit due to heat, though. To help it cool down, I have the center passenger air vent pointed down towards the charger. The little cooling fan it has isn't really sufficient enough, especially during the hotter days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was the charging issue resolved?
I want to believe while a very small amount of things could be wrong most people will find there issue fixed by Literally get a wad of paper and stuffing it in the bottom of the cubby set your phone on it see if it charges this is 99 percent the problem camera bumps on some phones make them sit to far try only sliding you phone in to where the camera sticks out this is the answer on my 14 pro max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts