Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just mine or does all the GT- LINE have no HomeLink Mirror? After being excited on buying the car w/premium package, I came home and found out I don't even have a HomeLink lol

Has anyone happen to have Installed an aftermarket one or one from the dealer? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
This one says it will fit. Im interested it getting it as well.

This poster said its super easy to install

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one says it will fit. Im interested it getting it as well.

This poster said its super easy to install
Good to know, thank you. I'm just waiting from someone on YouTube to do an install so I can follow along haha

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Good to know, thank you. I'm just waiting from someone on YouTube to do an install so I can follow along haha
Mine originally didn't come with the auto dimming Homelink mirror. I had them add it on to my car after I finalized the price. They ordered it and had it installed in a few hours after a week of waiting for it to arrive. Taking off the sensor/mirror housing and the mirror itself is pretty easy but you might have to route some wires to power the mirror.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Here's a video of how to remove the housing and mirror in the 2021 Kia Sorento. The 2021+ Kia K5 housing is removed in the exact same manner.

·
Registered
Kia K5 GT-Line
9 Posts
Yup after they gave me the paper with the premium package features they said it's got everything on there except the auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink. They didn't really have a reason why lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Yup after they gave me the paper with the premium package features they said it's got everything on there except the auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink. They didn't really have a reason why lol
Most K5s I saw in my area didn't have the Homelink mirror included. Probably didn't see the reason to order the car with the option, which is weird to me too, especially in an area where garages and community gates are pretty common. lol

If you're at final price already and the car doesn't have the dimming mirror, you can try haggling to include that as well. I found a K5 from another dealer at about the same price that also had the ECC Homelink mirror so I probably had a easier time to convince them to include it with my car at no cost after the final price had already been settled.

·
Registered
Kia K5 GT-Line
9 Posts
Most K5s I saw in my area didn't have the Homelink mirror included. Probably didn't see the reason to order the car with the option, which is weird to me too, especially in an area where garages and community gates are pretty common. lol

If you're at final price already and the car doesn't have the dimming mirror, you can try haggling to include that as well. I found a K5 from another dealer at about the same price that also had the ECC Homelink mirror so I probably had a easier time to convince them to include it with my car at no cost after the final price had already been settled.
Yeah I’ve had the car for over a month now so I realize now that I should have haggled and got the dealer to include it. I didn’t really know what it was at the time, I was focused on the sunroof and the wireless charger so I forgot about it pretty fast

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine AWD
37 Posts
What are the odds the wiring is in place if I don't have the dimming mirror? I have the UVO stuff and the big black panel behind my boring mirror..

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
36 Posts
What are the odds the wiring is in place if I don't have the dimming mirror? I have the UVO stuff and the big black panel behind my boring mirror..
I was just hoping for some kind of powered something up there so I can piggy back that tiny garmin dash am I’m eyeballing.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Good thing is the housing isn't all that hard to get off. lol It's just the initial part when you're first pulling it off, that you don't quite know how much pressure to use or quite understand fully how the housing is getting hooked into place.

In the vid I posted above, they used a plastic prying tool to pry the first piece off, but there's enough space to just slide the housing down first before pulling down on that middle piece from the back. You just have to be mindful of the mirror and mirror stock as you do so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts