Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello K5 family, I just recently picked up a 2022 K5 GT Line AWD and I love it for my first family car. Coming from a scatpack I miss the rumble and tone of my muscle car, but am looking to get a nice setup for my 1.6 turbo. Going to keep the cat and resonator but replace the rear muffler only to not throw a code and keep proper backpressure to not run rich. I know piping is 2.25 ID/OD but not sure if the placement is Offset / Center or Center / Center. None of my muffler shops are local so I cant drive out and check underneath the car. Thinking of putting on the Borla Pro XS to keep it drone free. Any other help and suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Hello K5 family, I just recently picked up a 2022 K5 GT Line AWD and I love it for my first family car. Coming from a scatpack I miss the rumble and tone of my muscle car, but am looking to get a nice setup for my 1.6 turbo. Going to keep the cat and resonator but replace the rear muffler only to not throw a code and keep proper backpressure to not run rich. I know piping is 2.25 ID/OD but not sure if the placement is Offset / Center or Center / Center. None of my muffler shops are local so I cant drive out and check underneath the car. Thinking of putting on the Borla Pro XS to keep it drone free. Any other help and suggestions would be appreciated.
I believe the K5s are all offset/center. One thing about the AWD models is that they moved the EVAP canister from the rear axle to the rear driver-side right behind the rear wheel to make room for the AWD system. This makes having a quad exhaust with muffler set up a bit more of a hassle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts