Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my K5 GT and I just passed 500Km, but I've noticed that my car doesn't build any boost or doesn't show that it does. At first I thought it's because I was in normal mode but even when I tried Sport or Sport plus and tried aggressively accelerating. I didn't see my gauge building up or increasing.

Had another post that I was hearing wind or air noise but I confirmed that it would only happen when I'm accelerating hard. I concluded that what I was hearing was my intake. My brother then mentioned that air was being leaked out and not going to the turbo. I'm not savvy with cars so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone else had this or having this issue? Wanted to know you guys' opinion before taking it to the dealership and acting like a fool haha.

Just want to mention that there isn't any oil, liquid leaks or anything that I can see or smell.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
434 Posts
I wouldn't touch anything. Just bring it to the dealer. Something must've gotten disconnected.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Blow off could be stuck open/malfunctioning. Whatever it is has to be downwind of his MA or he would have CELs galore

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to the dealership today, the pipe(?) wasn't clamped on properly. Air pressure was leaking out making that air/wind noise. That clamped it on securely and now I'm getting boost. Holy this baby is fast, almost hurt my neck when I first floored it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Went to the dealership today, the pipe(?) wasn't clamped on properly. Air pressure was leaking out making that air/wind noise. That clamped it on securely and now I'm getting boost. Holy this baby is fast, almost hurt my neck when I first floored it.
And it's not even broke in yet 😉

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are these parameters readable via obd generic? I haven't had a chance to hook up my dongle/torque to the car yet ('22 stinger 2.5t). No gauges in the stinger 2.5t, only in the upper trims.

~900 miles (1450 km) on mine. Haven't floored it yet from a stop but have given it 1/2 throttle. It goes quite well - 50 mph feels like 35. I'm finding myself constantly looking at speedo to keep from speeding.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
434 Posts
Congrats. You can download the torque app and the kia plug ins to use with the ond2 Bluetooth dongle. You'll have all the gauges you want on your phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts