Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 with about 2400 miles on it. Car was sputtering and had no power., then the oil light came on. I had to have it towed and am waiting on a response from Kia, I also have had 3 Optimas in the past 7 years and know they had issues with oil pressure. Anyone else had any issues with the K5?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
437 Posts
Did you check the oil level when you bought it? I checked mine and it was missing 2/3.
I brought it back so they can see it and they filled it up. So much for pdi.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
46 Posts
Did you check the oil level when you bought it? I checked mine and it was missing 2/3.
I brought it back so they can see it and they filled it up. So much for pdi.
2.5 Smartstream engine's infamous for oil burning issue in Korea, Hyundai/Kia recently changed their piston design for their engine and a lot of people have been getting their engines replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
96 Posts
I was told that there have in previous iterations of the engine piston issues and that you should start 'really listening' at around 75-80k miles on the vehicle for any ticking or knocking in the engine. As that is brand new engine under powertrain warranty. Figure you get another 100k out of the car minimum that way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
1700 miles on the stinger with the 2.5t, no consumption either. I check the oil at least once a week. Tires every few weeks or when larger temp changes occur (like now).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts