Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia recommends regular unleaded for the 2.5T wich I find bizarre. I for one will be using shell 91.Any GT owners use regular? I'm assuming the hp gets bumped up closer to 300 with premium fuel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kia recommends regular unleaded for the 2.5T wich I find bizarre. I for one will be using shell 91.Any GT owners use regular? I'm assuming the hp gets bumped up closer to 300 with premium fuel.
I think Kia tuned the engine to run on regular due to the highrer cost of premium fuel. This cars price is still a level where it is within reach of allot of peoples budget. That being said, this same group of people (me included) do not want to pay the additional $0.60 - 0.70 per gallion for premium. If I could afford a Porsche 911, or something similar I would not care about the extra cost. I was actually looking at a Stinger GT with the 255 HP 4 banger about a year ago, it does require the premium fuel. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get your point. I would like to get the extra hp if possible by switching to premium.
Roughly 8$ more per week. And if ever it gets tuned, I'd add boostane to the mix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts