Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran into a stupid pothole in the pouring rain going about 70km/h. Now there’s a bulge in the sidewall of my front left tire. Pretty frustrating since I just got the car a month ago.

Does anyone know if Pirelli will cover this?

·
Registered
2022 KIA K5 GT, GT1
83 Posts
So I ran into a stupid pothole in the pouring rain going about 70km/h. Now there’s a bulge in the sidewall of my front left tire. Pretty frustrating since I just got the car a month ago.

I doubt it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just done the exact same thing with the exact same tire and it was hard to even get the tire. I ordered from tirerack and was a mistake they said they shipped it and never did so I had to find a local shop that could order me one… Pirelli I’m fact will not cover it

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
42 Posts
Sorry to hear.
Unless you purchased some kind of tire or wheel protection package from the dealership or elsewhere, you will likely have to pay out of pocket to have it fixed. A pothole in the road is classified as a "road hazard" and you would have to have specific coverage. Look into the possibility of getting tire coverage, even though it's not brand new anymore you may still be able to add it. That was the impression I was given when I declined all protection packages at two dealerships when I negotiated my GT.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
940 Posts
I would probably suggest looking into getting better tires since you're already shopping around for a tire replacement. Something that is more durable and last longer while also providing better grip.

Just something to consider.

·
Registered
2022 KIA K5 GT, GT1
83 Posts
My tires are real good, granted they are summer tires but here in South Florida it's summer all year. Look them up Falcon Azenis FK510
Tire Automotive tire Light Tread Black

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
796 Posts
Was looking at tires for my summers and narrowed it down to Continental extreme contact DWS and Firestone firehawk Indy 500.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to hear.
Unless you purchased some kind of tire or wheel protection package from the dealership or elsewhere, you will likely have to pay out of pocket to have it fixed. A pothole in the road is classified as a "road hazard" and you would have to have specific coverage. Look into the possibility of getting tire coverage, even though it's not brand new anymore you may still be able to add it. That was the impression I was given when I declined all protection packages at two dealerships when I negotiated my GT.
Ya I also declined the protection package, it’s a shame Pirelli wouldn’t cover it especially with only 2000km on the tire

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would probably suggest looking into getting better tires since you're already shopping around for a tire replacement. Something that is more durable and last longer while also providing better grip.

Just something to consider.
I am looking into that right now, I also wanna go a bit wider than stock. Maybe to 255

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was looking at tires for my summers and narrowed it down to Continental extreme contact DWS and Firestone firehawk Indy 500.
I’m stuck on whether I should do a set of winters and summers, or just get something that I can stick with all year around. The winters usually aren’t crazy up here, but you never know

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
796 Posts
Continental extreme contact DWS are a good all year round tire if you don't get a ton of snow.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Pirelli does not cover unless you get an extra tire warranty.. been there, done that and they aren't cheap lol

·
Registered
26 Posts

It's a car not a jeep bro

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
42 Posts
Ya I also declined the protection package, it’s a shame Pirelli wouldn’t cover it especially with only 2000km on the tire
Their warranty would likely only cover any manufacturers defect or recall issues with the tire itself. The fact that you stated you hit a pot hole in the road makes it impossible for them to even begin to entertain any warranty claim, despite the low mileage. If you claimed it was just like that one morning and no pot holes were hit, you may have an argument until it’s inspected and proven otherwise. Warranty often sounds good but the hoops to jump through when it comes to a claim can be painful.
We’re you successful in replacing the stock tire or did you go a different route? Hope it all worked out for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts