Kia K5 Forum banner

K5 GT vs Sonata N-Line

7K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  Owyn999 
#1 ·
Wednesday,Wednesday,Wednesday!!!

The sibling rivalry that you have ALL been waiting for, are the summer tires worth the worse looks?!?!

K5 GT Vs Sonata N-Line

#4 ·
The N-Line does not come with AWD it is just the ugly twin. I do wonder if maybe Kia with their knowledge from Touring Car (I would love to see them return), tuned the chassis and suspension enough to overcome the N-Line with summer tires.

#9 ·
Close races... I wonder how many miles each car has on it?

One thing I noticed when I was test driving during the buying process was that cars that had more mileage were smoother. You could tell that the computer had 'learned' a good pattern vs a car with less than 100 miles.

The 2 n-lines I test drove had less than 50 miles on the odo and they were downright uncivilized.

#23 ·
When they both had a similarly good launch, you can see that they are both actually pretty much identical in speed and acceleration. There may be a slight advantage given to one over the other for the weight and possible aero, but I don't think it's enough to make much of a difference.

When it comes to styling, though, I'll still choose the K5 over the Sonata any day. lol I just wish the K5 also had the Sonata's interior features.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.