Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I should be getting a K5 GT1 soon, dying to get in the seat. The truck driver shortage is keeping me waiting to even get to that point. Also there's a possibility that I'll be getting the Sapphire rather than the Black crossing fingers

This is honestly the first car I have ever wanted to seek out a group to talk about the cars with.

So HI!

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I should be getting a K5 GT1 soon, dying to get in the seat. The truck driver shortage is keeping me waiting to even get to that point. Also there's a possibility that I'll be getting the Sapphire rather than the Black crossing fingers

This is honestly the first car I have ever wanted to seek out a group to talk about the cars with.

So HI!
same here. I have owned several cars, this being my first ever brand new car and I am in the same boat- this is the first ever one of those cars I have ever been absorbed into. People ask me all the time "HOLY CRAP! THATS A KIA??", people turn heads when I drive by. Even the carwash I go to goes above and beyond what I pay for because its not your average looking car. It's bold, makes a statement, and looks/drives way more expensive than it really is. The rare instance someone in another one pulls up next to me we usually roll down our windows and say "NICE CAR!" and have a good laugh. Then I plug this website before the light turns green.

It's going to sound crazy, but if you want to heighten your experience when you get it, wear gloves when you drive. I bought a $20 pair of Footjoy black golf gloves that fit snugly to my hands and keep them in the center console and put them on when driving.

#1 it prevents all the buttons/knobs/steering wheel from accumulating crud from your hands
#2 it puts you into a "driving around in this thing is a pleasure" mindset vs. a "driving is just a chore" mindset.

·
Registered
'21 K5 GT
7 Posts
same here. I have owned several cars, this being my first ever brand new car and I am in the same boat- this is the first ever one of those cars I have ever been absorbed into. People ask me all the time "HOLY CRAP! THATS A KIA??", people turn heads when I drive by. Even the carwash I go to goes above and beyond what I pay for because its not your average looking car. It's bold, makes a statement, and looks/drives way more expensive than it really is. The rare instance someone in another one pulls up next to me we usually roll down our windows and say "NICE CAR!" and have a good laugh. Then I plug this website before the light turns green.

It's going to sound crazy, but if you want to heighten your experience when you get it, wear gloves when you drive. I bought a $20 pair of Footjoy black golf gloves that fit snugly to my hands and keep them in the center console and put them on when driving.

#1 it prevents all the buttons/knobs/steering wheel from accumulating crud from your hands
#2 it puts you into a "driving around in this thing is a pleasure" mindset vs. a "driving is just a chore" mindset.
Dude these are solid tips! Time to find some golf gloves!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts