Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone added a cold air intake to their car as yet? And if so how well it is working for you?

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone added a cold air intake to their car as yet? And if so how well it is working for you?
So I went ahead and added a 3” K&n CAI and it’s sound pretty good, haven’t driven it far yet but I will tomorrow and see how it holds up. I saw someone use a mounting bracket to hold it up I think it needs that so it’s not too low

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
721 Posts
There was a vid of someone that added a cone intake filter like that, but they had to go back to the stock filter due to heat soak in 90-100 degree days causing the reduction of engine power.

Might have to wait for a ram solution for it in hotter climates.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a vid of someone that added a cone intake filter like that, but they had to go back to the stock filter due to heat soak in 90-100 degree days causing the reduction of engine power.

Might have to wait for a ram solution for it in hotter climates.
Oh really? Man crap I’ve spent the last month debating if I should have done it. Finally decided to cause I don’t really drive my car that much during the week since I have a company car I use for work. But I’ll test it out a bit first and see what happens.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
721 Posts
I mean, if it seems fine then I wouldn't worry about it too much. lol

This is the vid I saw:

I live in South Florida so 90-100 degrees with the humidity tends to make heat soak worse.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean, if it seems fine then I wouldn't worry about it too much. lol

This is the vid I saw:

I live in South Florida so 90-100 degrees with the humidity tends to make heat soak worse.
Oh that’s the dude I’ve been following with all my mods he did some pretty good ones. Didn’t see that one about the filter tho. I mean I drove with it in today and really didn’t feel like it made a difference with just the filter so I’ll go back to the stock and wait for K&n to build an intake system

·
Registered
8 Posts
There’s a cai on shakracing for $345 I believe but if you dont want to spend that money you can get a universal filter at any auto parts store or online for anywhere between $25-$90 depending on the brand

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been doing some research and the forte gt has a 1.6T and set up is similar to ours and AFE has a couple great intakes that are enclosed so no heat soak. Makes them for the Forte GT but looks like it could fit ours would like to see what you all think also?

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone used a padel commander as yet? And if so how’s it working for you? Do you recommend it? Which brand?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone used a padel commander as yet? And if so how’s it working for you? Do you recommend it? Which brand?
I have a pedal commander throttle responder and it feels amazing work well no problems and easy to install I would recommend Pedal Commander one I haven’t seen a throttle responder by any other brand

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a pedal commander throttle responder and it feels amazing work well no problems and easy to install I would recommend Pedal Commander one I haven’t seen a throttle responder by any other brand
I ended up going with roar pedal throttle response, saw great reviews on with. Pretty much just as good as pedal commander but cheaper. I’ll see how it works first and make changes later if need be. Thanks tho man

·
Registered
Wolf Grey K5 GT-Line, Magnetic Black 370z
49 Posts
Damnnn +37 hp/+59 tq from just a JB4 tune. Not too bad(y)

·
Registered
Wolf Grey K5 GT-Line, Magnetic Black 370z
49 Posts
Look at the Torque gained at 2500
The power and torque comes on really early, then kinda falls down to where the stock hp and tq are once your in the higher RPMs. It's still impressive, I wonder what the GT would make. Do they have a dyno sheet for the GT by any chance?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just received all my items now just need to get them put on pictures will be up also when all completed. Parts: Magnaflow Y-pipe, borla exhaust and tips from Red Tail Performance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts