Kia K5 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Someone posted a list with LED bulbs, under the “end all list”. I ordered some and switching the reverse, plate, and rear turn signal lights over to LED really brings it all together. Looks sharp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yesterday I had my lights installed, I also get a check left taillight only when the lights are on when I apply my brakes but not all the time either but I have an EX, other than that everything is fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have installed the outer led lights on my car and I keep getting the check engine light on the dash and a quick beep but goes away after pressing brakes, it still comes and goes each day (the engine light and beep when pressing brakes, not all the time though) No problems like this by just installing the center LED strip light. Only started with the outer LED lights. Can you share your experience with the outer LED lights? Did you have to use any resistors? Thanks!
i have same problem and can't figure out

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
20210426_133503.jpg
I have installed the outer led lights on my car and I keep getting the check engine light on the dash and a quick beep but goes away after pressing brakes, it still comes and goes each day (the engine light and beep when pressing brakes, not all the time though) No problems like this by just installing the center LED strip light. Only started with the outer LED lights. Can you share your experience with the outer LED lights? Did you have to use any resistors? Thanks!
Same here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine are not showing fail anymore, the Kia tech that installed them ,
checked them out with the lights on and no fail, and I saw for myself no fail warning everything works as normal, no resistors Kia frowns cutting into harnesses that is not a Kia item.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
35 Posts
didn't see your message previously. Could be a bad light or maybe the connection is loose? I didn't have any issue with a check engine light. The wiring leading to the outer tail lights is identical on both the LED setup and the regular halogen lights. The halogens have an LED side marker, so the LED grounds are there. These should just be plug and play without the need of any resistors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice! I just did the same to my EX. I would recommend swapping out the outer lights to LED also. I think it makes a big difference in look. View attachment 590
Question, Do any K5 Trims come with the rear lighting like that? I was so confused when I bought my K5 EX, I thought it came with the rear lighting like that?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
Question, Do any K5 Trims come with the rear lighting like that? I was so confused when I bought my K5 EX, I thought it came with the rear lighting like that?
Looks like the GT-Line and GT comes standard with the "Rear Combination Lamp, LED". The EX trim comes standard with "Rear Combination Lamp, Bulbs" but only with the Premium Package does it include the Rear LED Combination Lamp.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts