Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I have the K5 GT line with the premium package. Does anyone know if there is anyway to adjust the interior climate temp so when I remote start, it starts higher than 72 degrees? I can’t seem to figure it out. I’ve turned auto off and on. I’ve left the temp set to high hoping the next time I remote start, it will start at high. I’ve looked through the appendix in the manual and looked through the cars settings. I can’t seem to find anywhere to do it. It’s cold in upstate NY, and when it starts at 72, the car isn’t warm when I get in. Thanks :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll look into it on mine. I'm in MN. I am in the aftermarket accessory industry, and we install lots of aftermarket remote starts this time of the year. They are designed to turn on the heat at the last set temp and fan speed. But I have heard of some factory remote starts that do not, and have a preset temp. The idea, I'm assuming is that the priority is to warm the engine, not the interior. Still dumb to me tho. I'll play around with mine and let you know if I can figure out a work around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't think you can set the temp automatically for each remote start, but if you use the UVO app you can adjust it each time you start the car.
MEUBIN10 - Thank you! I am a new Kia K5 Owner and trying to learn the myriad of options. I used to have a Hyundai Sonato and they had a Blue Link phone app that started the car but I don't think they had a custom setting. I am so happy that Kia has it! Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there. I have the K5 GT line with the premium package. Does anyone know if there is anyway to adjust the interior climate temp so when I remote start, it starts higher than 72 degrees? I can’t seem to figure it out. I’ve turned auto off and on. I’ve left the temp set to high hoping the next time I remote start, it will start at high. I’ve looked through the appendix in the manual and looked through the cars settings. I can’t seem to find anywhere to do it. It’s cold in upstate NY, and when it starts at 72, the car isn’t warm when I get in. Thanks :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bruce
After you hit start on the remote start and see the lights flash, why don’t the lights stay on? So that you can see when the engine turns off on even know when it’s on? Other cars that have electric start the lights stay on until the engine stops -

·
Registered
2021 Kia, K5, GT Line
10 Posts
Bruce
After you hit start on the remote start and see the lights flash, why don’t the lights stay on? So that you can see when the engine turns off on even know when it’s on? Other cars that have electric start the lights stay on until the engine stops -
I think that was a way to keep folks from trying to grab the door handle & gain entry as the car is sitting there running with no one in it.

As soon as the fob is in the car & you touch the brake peddle it's all back to normal.

I to wish I had the ability to select a different temperature on a remote startup, be it for cooling or heating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, I have owned several cars that had electric start and they all kept the lights on so that you can tell the car is on - there has to be something else

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry, I have owned several cars that had electric start and they all kept the lights on so that you can tell the car is on - there has to be something else
Agree, super annoying that the lights don't stay on and there still isn't a fix for this..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agree, super annoying that the lights don't stay on and there still isn't a fix for this..
There won't be a fix for this either. When it comes to remote start kia is basic to say the least. Standard temp of 72 degrees which sucks in the winter because the car isn't warm at all yet. 10 min run time...(really though...I don't mind burning gas for an extra 10 mins to make my Luke warm car more Luke warm)...and lights stay off so I can't tell if it's on because I have a fence and can't see the lights flash when it's daylight out (if they say it's for security it's BS bc no one can get in the car OR drive it without the fob). I paid extra for the starter not realizing it was more of an annoyance than anything.

Oh yeah AND if you open the door then get back out without pressing the brake pedal (even if the fob is on you and not in the car) it turns off. God that's annoying too lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts