Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have the K5 GT line with the premium package. Does anyone know if there is anyway to adjust the interior climate temp so when I remote start, it starts higher than 72 degrees? I can’t seem to figure it out. I’ve turned auto off and on. I’ve left the temp set to high hoping the next time I remote start, it will start at high. I’ve looked through the appendix in the manual and looked through the cars settings. I can’t seem to find anywhere to do it. It’s cold in upstate NY, and when it starts at 72, the car isn’t warm when I get in. Thanks :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll look into it on mine. I'm in MN. I am in the aftermarket accessory industry, and we install lots of aftermarket remote starts this time of the year. They are designed to turn on the heat at the last set temp and fan speed. But I have heard of some factory remote starts that do not, and have a preset temp. The idea, I'm assuming is that the priority is to warm the engine, not the interior. Still dumb to me tho. I'll play around with mine and let you know if I can figure out a work around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Short answer is no, according to the dealership the temperature can not be changed, nor can the 10 min runtime which is BEYOND annoying, especially living in the north east with frigid temperatures daily in the fall/winter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't think you can set the temp automatically for each remote start, but if you use the UVO app you can adjust it each time you start the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts