Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had good luck replacing turn light for Led light?
I got a Led light for my turn signal, didn't work got dash fault, went back to incandescent and now i still get the same fault and hyper flash and incandescent light is not turning on.

What fuse should i check?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to fix my driver side back turn light not working, look at the picture, there is like a small weld point in one wire for the turn light, looks like there was a bad contact , i put back the incandescent bulb and move, shake the cables and the light came back, hmmm looks like a defect in the wire, i think they welded the negative connection into 1 single point for these side lights, the plug has very short wires making it a bit hard to take out , stressing out the connection on these wires.
IMG_20210619_211055157_1.jpg

·
Registered
'21 K5 GT
35 Posts
I was able to fix my driver side back turn light not working, look at the picture, there is like a small weld point in one wire for the turn light, looks like there was a bad contact , i put back the incandescent bulb and move, shake the cables and the light came back, hmmm looks like a defect in the wire, i think they welded the negative connection into 1 single point for these side lights, the plug has very short wires making it a bit hard to take out , stressing out the connection on these wires. View attachment 1043
Dude sounds like an electrical issue the Kia dealership will sort out for you!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
I've been meaning to get these for the turning lights:

Haven't had the chance to yet

Also these for the reverse lights:

·
Registered
'21 K5 GT
35 Posts
What led did you use?
I used these guys. They're bright, no errors, and chrome plated to prevent the amber bulb reflection when the light is off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used these guys. They're bright, no errors, and chrome plated to prevent the amber bulb reflection when the light is off.

How difficult is it to get to the turning lights? I would imagine not too bad, but figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone had good luck replacing turn light for Led light?
I got a Led light for my turn signal, didn't work got dash fault, went back to incandescent and now i still get the same fault and hyper flash and incandescent light is not turning on.

What fuse should i check?
I had 0 issues doing mine.

Come to my group on face book k5 accessories and chat and I have a accessories master list with part numbers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts