Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22' Kia K5 GT-Line Ebony Black FWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a hard time with their Kia Access App? When I try to use mine, it has terrible lag, it sometimes won't start my car because it'll time itself out, and occasionally I'll get a warning telling me to turn on/drive my car because "It hasn't been started in days" even though I drive it daily. Just curious to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
30 Posts
Did not experience any problems that you stated, maybe the system has bad connectivity signal for the Uvo(Kia connect) app. But have noticed that I can only change the heated seat settings for the driver side via mobile App. Passenger side is not visible. Eg: if I turn off the seat heating for passenger seat then next time when I open the mobile app, I do not have the option to turn it on- it is simply not visible. To make it visible again on the mobile app, I have to turn on the seat heating for passenger side via the web portal on a laptop/desktop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been having the same issue, I sometimes open the app to start my vehicle and the whole would just crash. Hopefully they can fix the bugs..
I forgot to mention the app crashing, that's also happened to me a few times. I'm not to pressed about it since its a first world issue, but yes hopefully they fix the bugs soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone else have a hard time with their Kia Access App? When I try to use mine, it has terrible lag, it sometimes won't start my car because it'll time itself out, and occasionally I'll get a warning telling me to turn on/drive my car because "It hasn't been started in days" even though I drive it daily. Just curious to see if anyone else has had similar issues.
Thought it was just me. Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
This happens to me at least twice a week. Also my satnav is all over the place, it shows me in another state or on the other side of the state I’m in. I have an appointment at the dealer to get this fixed. I’ll post what they do to correct it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've found that it's very dependent on signal, but that's to be expected. I don't know who KIA uses for their cellular connection but my guess is ATT and partners as I get very poor ATT signal at home and that's where I see the most issues. It's not an app issue it's a cell connectivity issue period. If somehow they could allow the car to connect to wifi that would be great then I could have it connect to my wireless at home and not have these issues.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX Premium Package
32 Posts
According to what I read in the terms of service Verizon provides the connection for Kia Connect. Depending on your location and weather conditions you can get lag or loss of connection with the vehicle. You can check the coverage of Verizon in your area (link HERE). The new app update did bug out and crash a few times. I cleared out the data and the cache (Android Phone) and has worked without issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've found that it's very dependent on signal, but that's to be expected. I don't know who KIA uses for their cellular connection but my guess is ATT and partners as I get very poor ATT signal at home and that's where I see the most issues. It's not an app issue it's a cell connectivity issue period. If somehow they could allow the car to connect to wifi that would be great then I could have it connect to my wireless at home and not have these issues.
I've noticed the same thing. The app works way better when I use cellular data, but its still buggy/laggy compared to other apps I've seen. My buddy has a Lincoln MKZ and his app works flawlessly, almost like his phone is the car key.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
According to what I read in the terms of service Verizon provides the connection for Kia Connect. Depending on your location and weather conditions you can get lag or loss of connection with the vehicle. You can check the coverage of Verizon in your area (link HERE). The new app update did bug out and crash a few times. I cleared out the data and the cache (Android Phone) and has worked without issues.
That actually makes a lot of sense, I'm currently in Michigan and I have Verizon. My phones performance is either hit or miss depending on where I am.

·
Registered
300 Posts
only used it 5 or 6 times. Will be more likely to use it in winter, hate getting into a cold car. No issues once I learned how to use it. Car has started within 2-3 minutes each time and setting of AC, and seat cooling all as set up on my phone.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the most useful feature of Kia Connect is the "Google" access. Instead of having to look up a physical address to find a place using the nav, all I need to do now is say "Find" and the name.

We were having trouble locating a place just the other day when I remembered that capability, and just asked the nav to find it by its name. Bingo! That's worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
I think the most useful feature of Kia Connect is the "Google" access. Instead of having to look up a physical address to find a place using the nav, all I need to do now is say "Find" and the name.

We were having trouble locating a place just the other day when I remembered that capability, and just asked the nav to find it by its name. Bingo! That's worth the price of admission.
Honestly, I do that all the time in my car, but I have the 8" screen model so it goes through Android Auto anyway. 😝

The "Google Assistant/Alexis/Siri" feature is only available with the Ultimate tier of the subscription, which also includes map navigation. Probably best for people with the Premium Package and the larger screen but for me the next tier down is what I'd get since I can't use the other features anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts