Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The same recall that we started this thread about. Hyundai/Kia was supposed to inform dealers of how to proceed with the DCT recall. A bad board can cause the oil pump to fail and damage the transmission.
I haven't really changed my driving habits up until now but I will take my kids to NYC (4 hour drive) for a weekend trip and I will probably take a different car to be safe.

· Registered
295 Posts
If you read the text carefully you get the impression they are updating the software to allow for a few more minutes to get pulled over if the pump fails. As it is, you have about 30 seconds to get to the side of the road before things get ugly, and this merely extends that time.

· Registered
2022 K5 GT
23 Posts
Did mine just over a week ago. They upgraded the transmission software. It now shifts more smooth. Still kick back a little sometimes when coming to a stop. And when I push it seems to me that the acceleration was more impressive before the upgrade, still pretty good/fast. I am happier overall with the upgrade.

· Registered
443 Posts
In addition to what Mike said, mine also described a process to check the transmission electronics in present condition to check for fluctuations in the amperage for previous issue, if issue was found replacement of the transmission was indicated. Mine had no issue.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts