Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone ,
I have an issue with my new Kia K5 GT Line Wireless car play . Intermittently it gets below error and we have to click ok and then click on CarPlay button to go back to previous display (like music , maps etc).
Even though this error is seen luckily the connectivity is not completely lost as music and maps still connected in the background . We can hear the music and maps navigation despite of this error . My iPhone updated to ios14 latest version . Tried with other phones with ios14 but same error .
Attached error image .
I checked in other forums and there are few people Facing the same issue. For a new car getting this error all the time is so annoying.
Please let me know if anyone resolved this issue
Thank you
Electronics Multimedia Vehicle Car Technology

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
35 Posts
There’s a pretty lengthy thread on this already. No fix yet, but hoping Kia will do a software update at some point.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
71 Posts
There’s a pretty lengthy thread on this already. No fix yet, but hoping Kia will do a software update at some point.

I have the same problem also passenger side inside door panel is terrible fitting when you look from outside there is a big hump where it meets the window took it to dealership and they told me a lot them are like that maybe there will be a recall and I’m like just fix it they don’t want to help UGH

·
3 Posts

I have had issues from day 1. I’ve now owned my K5 for a year and it’s taken joy out of having a new car. The Apple CarPlay disconnects constantly and sometimes the screen just goes black. It’s very inconvenient when navigating and you constantly lose the connection. The Huffines dealership only says they cannot duplicate the issue which is total bunk- obviously since this forum is still about the same issue!! I’m here at the dealership for the 5th time and have had it!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Iv installed all the updates to the cars head unit and my phone . Still get the issue ! It’s actually a saftey concern because I’ll be using the GPS and it will just shut off when trying to figure out the location I’m going at the worst possible times .

·
3 Posts
I have had issues from day 1. I’ve now owned my K5 for a year and it’s taken the joy out of having a new car. The Apple CarPlay disconnects constantly and sometimes the screen just goes black. It’s very inconvenient and unsafe when navigating to constantly lose the connection. The Huffines dealership only says they cannot duplicate the issue which is total bunk- obviously since this forum is all about the same issue!! I’m here at the dealership for the 5th time and have had it!!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
Well...I'm not dealing with my Kia issue any longer as I decided to trade it in yesterday for a Toyota.
Just so you know, the Toyota headunit has a whole other issue with connectivity, at least when it comes to Android Auto. Make sure you're using the newest standard of USB cable that does both charging and data. We've had connection issue with our 2020 RAV4 until we discovered that the newest Android Auto update (7.0+) now requires us to use a specific set standard of USB-C cable to connect properly.

It's only recent and also affects other car manufacturers as my brother also had the same issue with a different car until he switched out the cable.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
224 Posts
I've been using wireless AA since I got my car in April. Initially I had some issues where it did not automatically connect, and maybe 3-4 times it has stopped working altogether, but since the 1st month It's worked perfectly 99% of the time. I'm using a Galaxy S21+.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the exact same issue after purchasing the end of last year. Agree that is not only a nuisance and unacceptable frustration for a brand new vehicle, but also can be very dangerous due to the distraction when it begins to go in and out of connection while using navigation or trying to maintain a call.

I really think Kia should at minimum offer to swap out these useless ”wireless” units with the standard wired carplay units if since they are unable to correct.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
224 Posts
I am having the exact same issue after purchasing the end of last year. Agree that is not only a nuisance and unacceptable frustration for a brand new vehicle, but also can be very dangerous due to the distraction when it begins to go in and out of connection while using navigation or trying to maintain a call.

I really think Kia should at minimum offer to swap out these useless ”wireless” units with the standard wired carplay units if since they are unable to correct.
Can't you still connect via a cable even if your car supports wireless?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't you still connect via a cable even if your car supports wireless?
If so, I haven’t been able to figure it out…. I’ve tried by deleting the wife and Bluetooth connections to the car and plugging into any/all of the USB slots with no luck. If anyone else has a fix to allow this, please let me know!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts