Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the forum and I have a 2021 Kia K5 GT. Calling out to all GT owners, I wanted to see what kind of mods you guys have done to your cars and if it's worth it or not!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
669 Posts
Nice.... Enjoy. As for mods, sxth element is developing a few things. Carbon fiber intake is almost done. Exhaust is coming, jb4 tune is already in use by some. More to one.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well I might be experiencing the first issue with this new GT. Today after driving for aprox 15 mins I got home, turned car off and got out. My wife said what’s that sound as she got out after me
so I walked back and sure enough the engine fan was pumping hard. I thought at first just normal cooling of the engine but as
it went on I was Realized it’s only about 72 degrees outside. I didn’t drive it hard and it’s in my garage as this is happening . I pulled out my camera and started recording. It went on for a good 3 minutes before I finally decided to turn the car on and then off again. It immediately stopped this time after shutting it off.
so I’m headed back to dealer Tuesday to drop of old gt line second key and will talk to them.
this is my 3rd brand new Kia(brand new model) with problems. They make great looking and for The money.. maybe the best car in its class but they are putting them out too fast with not enough mileage put on for proper testing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'll need to tune it for better results.
Yeah, the issue is I can't find anyone to tune it. Very few tuners work on Kia, and the one's I've found are either very expensive or just don't want to work on the GT bc they're so rare. That's why I'm trying to figure out where he got the JB4 and how well it works.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah, the issue is I can't find anyone to tune it. Very few tuners work on Kia, and the one's I've found are either very expensive or just don't want to work on the GT bc they're so rare. That's why I'm trying to figure out where he got the JB4 and how well it works.
Jb4 and my other upgrades work great together. Doing 4.1 60s or Lower right now. I get all my parts from shark racing or kww

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jb4 and my other upgrades work great together. Doing 4.1 60s or Lower right now. I get all my parts from shark racing or kww
Oh sick ok I'll definitely have to look into those and see what they have. Also, did you tint your headlights yourself or did you have a tint shop do it? I've seen some tint kits on amazon for the K5 headlights, I'm tempted to get it but I don't want to make the headlights dimmer.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Oh sick ok I'll definitely have to look into those and see what they have. Also, did you tint your headlights yourself or did you have a tint shop do it? I've seen some tint kits on amazon for the K5 headlights, I'm tempted to get it but I don't want to make the headlights dimmer.
You can check my build thread for parts I have installed and definitely do not get the tint from Amazon or eBay. They don’t fit right and are terrible quality. I had a shop do all my work

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can check my build thread for parts I have installed and definitely do not get the tint from Amazon or eBay. They don’t fit right and are terrible quality. I had a shop do all my work
Ahhh ok. I might be blind but I didn't see the JB4 or what high flow cat you used, did you link them? I'm tryna get that 4.13 0-60, stock best I've done has been 5.2 on all seasons

·
Registered
375 Posts
Every GT wants to be as fast as Ruff 💪 … just ask @1st K5 .. he’s been chasing me ever since I joined lol. There is only 1 compatible Jb4 for the 2.5. I suggest you get the blue tooth package and you have to change your spark plugs to
the 45 XL imo. I don’t link stuff very often. The intake I use and hfc are custom from a shop near me. Most will work just fine. If you have the jb4 the check light created by most hfc will get cleared upon start up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Every GT wants to be as fast as Ruff 💪 … just ask @1st K5 .. he’s been chasing me ever since I joined lol. There is only 1 compatible Jb4 for the 2.5. I suggest you get the blue tooth package and you have to change your spark plugs to
the 45 XL imo. I don’t link stuff very often. The intake I use and hfc are custom from a shop near me. Most will work just fine. If you have the jb4 the check light created by most hfc will get cleared upon start up.
Ahhh ok found the JB4. Did you have to upgrade your intercooler before you used it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You don’t have too but there are some things I upgraded that aren’t listed as I intend to remain the fastest GT in North America :)
I would suggest you upgrade your intercooler and throttle body.
Ahaha yeah, I don't have the time or the money to go balls to the wall, mostly gonna do cosmetic stuff, and then the tune and a cold air intake so definitely not going to be anywhere near as fast as yours. Speaking of which, any recommendations for a cold air intake?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts