Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I drive my K5 GT-Line FWD all day everyday for work, I already have 13K miles on it.
On my first oil change and tire rotation at 6K miles, first thing I started noticing when I would get on the highway was some shakyness/vibration in the steering wheel.
Then after noticing the same thing over and over for several times, I went back to the dealer and told them my steering wheel is shaking so they switched back the tires like how they were, and it was gone. Last week I was driving and started noticing shaking in the steering wheel when braking a little bit. And a couple of days ago I took it for my second oil change at 12K miles and did the tire rotation and now the vibration/shakyness is back and is of course a little worse. The dealer supposedly contacted KIA's warranty department, which I think they lied to me, and KIA supposedly told them that the shaking when braking is a known issue and is an issue with the ABS system and it cannot be fixed. Has anyone heard this or experienced this? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
46 Posts
Maybe your car's out of balance and likely need your alignment checked out, also your rotor may have been warped as well which may require resurfacing.. I haven't heard anything about ABS gone bad so far.

EDIT - I looked up a Korean forum and found some found that one of the wheel resonator was removed which caused a road noise and shaking issue, after he put that back on and re-balanced his tires, his issue was gone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe your car's out of balance and likely need your alignment checked out, also your rotor may have been warped as well which may require resurfacing.. I haven't heard anything about ABS gone bad so far.

EDIT - I looked up a Korean forum and found some found that one of the wheel resonator was removed which caused a road noise and shaking issue, after he put that back on and re-balanced his tires, his issue was gone.
At the dealer they told me that everything is fine, literally everything. But I’m gonna take my car for rebalancing at a discout tire or something.
i had to slam on the brakes the other day i almost ran over some ducks on the road haha. Idk maybe I warped the rotors, but also it doesnt vibrate 100% when I’m braking. Its more like 70%.

·
Registered
2021,KIA,K5,GT
12 Posts
Hey everyone, I drive my K5 GT-Line FWD all day everyday for work, I already have 13K miles on it.
On my first oil change and tire rotation at 6K miles, first thing I started noticing when I would get on the highway was some shakyness/vibration in the steering wheel.
Then after noticing the same thing over and over for several times, I went back to the dealer and told them my steering wheel is shaking so they switched back the tires like how they were, and it was gone. Last week I was driving and started noticing shaking in the steering wheel when braking a little bit. And a couple of days ago I took it for my second oil change at 12K miles and did the tire rotation and now the vibration/shakyness is back and is of course a little worse. The dealer supposedly contacted KIA's warranty department, which I think they lied to me, and KIA supposedly told them that the shaking when braking is a known issue and is an issue with the ABS system and it cannot be fixed. Has anyone heard this or experienced this? Thanks guys.
Idk if it helps but I did go through something exactly like you described on my previous vehicle and it happened to be a warped rotor on passenger front.. Seemed like the longer I drove the vibration got worse after the rotors was hot from the hour drive to work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts