Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I've had my K5 for 2 days now. I typically leave my phone in the Wireless charger spot while i'm driving. I'm noticing that it isn't charging very well and that my phone is getting HOT, like almost to hot to hold, hot. I know there are vents there are supposed to have a fan blowing air on it, i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if it might just be faulty. Also, my phone fits in there fine, but it only seems to register that it is in there and charging for like 2 minutes then it shuts off.

Any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
I noticed the hot phone charging as well (Galaxy S20+).. It does charge though, eventually.

In related tidbit, there is an indicator on the dash (and chime) that tells you if you forgot to remove your phone from the charger. Nice touch, Kia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you using an iPhone? If so the “optimized battery charging” setting may be enabled. You can disable the setting by going into settings-battery-battery health.

Good morning,

I've had my K5 for 2 days now. I typically leave my phone in the Wireless charger spot while i'm driving. I'm noticing that it isn't charging very well and that my phone is getting HOT, like almost to hot to hold, hot. I know there are vents there are supposed to have a fan blowing air on it, i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if it might just be faulty. Also, my phone fits in there fine, but it only seems to register that it is in there and charging for like 2 minutes then it shuts off.

Any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using an iPhone? If so the “optimized battery charging” setting may be enabled. You can disable the setting by going into settings-battery-battery health.
Nah, i have the Samsung Note 8. Thank you for your input though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts